Return To Job List
Business Analyst - DW/BILocation
: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Category
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 12 Months
The Business Systems Analyst position is a critical role within the Data Management IT group.
This team member will participate in producing and managing deliverables related to the Commercial IT Data Management Service powered by the Data Environment Warehouse and Enterprise Integration Bus. They will work with the Operations team, responsible for the daily execution of inbound and outbound data processes, to ensure data integrity/quality and successful operations.
The Business Systems Analyst will also work closely with the Data Enhancement team to ensure accurate and timely implementations, with a focus on business/systems analysis tasks across the full SDLC lifecycle. Responsibilities will vary per enhancement but may include collecting requirements, producing function/technical specifications, ensuring successful user acceptance and systems integration testing, assisting in the planning and implementation of enhancements and preparing business impact analyses. The role will require interaction with both external consulting teams and internal business users. Ultimately, the ideal candidate will be able to help drive success across the Data Management Service.
- Coordinate activities across the Development lifecycle such as requirements gathering, functional specifications and systems documentation, and ensuring successful delivery while working internal and external stakeholders;
- Support and coordinate Systems Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to data management and data integration within the Data Environment (IDE);
- Support Operations by managing successful resolution of production issues, determining root cause, managing vendors and ensuring successful delivery/consumption of data
- Support the Data Service teams and internal/external end users in the use of the overall IDE solution as it relates to the Data Service;
- Lead and Coordinate Change Management initiatives;
- Assist with Quarterly Sox Activities;
- Manage and coordinate issues and risks within the Data Service from identification through resolution;
- Support and coordinate ETL and data hygiene processes.
- 5-7 years of analyst experience, preferably in the biotech / pharma space;
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Management Systems and Integrations;
- Understanding of data warehouse and data mart concepts;
- Advanced proficiency in SQL;
- B.A./B.S. Degree;
- Technical proficiency with analytics tools and Excel, PowerPoint, and Word applications;
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently, yet gain support of diverse Business groups / partners;
- Working knowledge of Business intelligence tools and/or Web technologies is desired;
- Professional and hands on experience with BI Tools like MicroStrategy or ETL Tools like Informatica is a plus;