IT Project Manager
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Duration: 10+ Months
• Collaborates with business leaders to identify and prioritize projects to ensure the delivery of on time and quality solutions.
• Engages stakeholders to discuss the effectiveness of solutions and capabilities and their impact on business strategies and procedures.
• Leverages in-depth knowledge of business functions, business processes and key objectives to develop solutions aligned with business needs
• Collaborates closely with Line of Business (LOB) Project Managers and IT staff to leverage technology and resources across business areas.
• Provides partnership, insight and direction to cross-functional business leaders and stakeholders regarding IT policies, solutions and initiatives.
• Identifies issues, opportunities, and solutions that may be leveraged across business functions and understands how they may impact other functions in the organization.
• Partners with stakeholders to fully define project opportunities and manages project from idea to post implementation.
• Act as the key contact for externally hosted applications, as necessary. Oversee any change requests or performance related questions or issues.
• Conducts project meetings with the line of business to discuss the scope and the approach of the project.
• Ensures solutions implemented are successfully handed over to responsible units, such as IT Systems Management, to manage future lifecycle of the solution.
• Manages cross-functional projects, establishes teams and ensures roles are effectively assigned and responsibilities are met based on project requirements and knowledge of personnel.
• Negotiate with the business, and other stakeholders, when necessary to manage project changes.
• Plans and manages cross-functional projects using the Client IT project management methodology.
• Reviews the project with assigned business analyst to ensure their understanding, discuss roles, responsibilities, expectations and timelines for requirements gathering.
• Utilizes knowledge of system development lifecycle to ensure the successful completion and handover of projects.
• Ensures departmental project and QA requirements are fulfilled and adhered to.
• Incorporates quality systems into all stages of the project/lifecycle to ensure deliverables meet quality requirements.
• Integrates current risk management procedures into processes, projects and systems.
• A BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Solid relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate.
• Advanced degree preferred. A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible Computer Science, IT, programming/systems analysis or other related experience required. Three to four years of project management experience required.
• Certification in Project Management or Lean Processing Methodology preferred.
• Demonstrates functional/business understanding.
• Demonstrates leadership skills; has the ability to acts as project lead and lead cross functional project teams in the development and implementation of programs.
• Demonstrates superior written and oral communication skills.
• Develops and maintains strong internal relationships.
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office.
• Extensive knowledge of project management and the development life cycle required.
• Has the ability to influence others on objectives and projects outcomes.
• Is proficient at problem solving, negotiation, conflict management, and interpersonal skills.