Application Development Technical Consultant
Location: Chelsea, Massachusetts
Application Development Technical Consultant Position Summary
The Consultant will provide .NET technical expertise to enhance existing and create new custom applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall complete the following for each application:
· Gap Analysis: Complete detailed gap analysis of each application.
· Requirements Document: Finalize functional requirements for each application as a result of the gap analysis.
· Architecture & Design: Establish the solution architecture by providing architecture diagrams with detailed explanation in text, including assumptions made. Provide high level and low level design documents.
· Testing & bug fixing: Assist in the QA and QC process. Manage assigned issues to closure and confirm that appropriate corrective actions are taken to resolve documented issues.
Education and Experience:
(A) A four (4) year college program in management science, engineering management, computer science or related fields.
(B) Minimum three (3) years experience developing .Net web applications.
(C) 2+ years SQL development experience.
(D) Any equivalent combination of education or experience.
Required skills and knowledge:
- .NET development using MVC framework and SQLServer
- Experience working with OSISoft’s PI technology
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools such as Teamcity
- Experienced in the latest version of IIS, Visual Studio and TFS
- Mobile development skills
- Understanding in distributed application design utilizing web services/WCF (Windows Connection Framework) Services.
- Proven experience creating High Level and Low Level design documents.
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Strong grasp of Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with encryption technologies.
- Experience in web applications using electronic form submissions and electronic signatures
- Knowledge of Oracle database and PLSQL development
- Prior experience working or understanding of Websphere JAVA /J2EE Application server