Return To Job List
SQL Server DBA/DeveloperLocation
: Boston, MassachusettsJob Category
Data Architect/Database Administrator/Developer (SQL Server)
This position requires availability 24/7 for on call coverage and will include evenings and week-ends depending on agency needs and other team member availability /schedules.
- Comply with federal and state laws as well as any policies, requirements, or standards, individual agencies, our DBA teams.
- Interface with management, database users, operations, systems administration, vendors, and various support groups. Tasks may include providing technology reviews and summaries, making recommendations, and instructing staff in the best use of their databases.
- Perform database high level capacity planning, required for long term procurements and implementation.
- Develop working Proof of Concept models when required
- Work with SSRS to meet the agencies reporting and application needs
- Recommend efficiencies to existing processes and technologies on an ongoing basis to ensure the operations meet the highest industry security standards and best practices are implemented and adhered to by technical teams
- Provide the necessary training and mentoring to staff as required by manager
- Must work with application development and technical operations teams to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, while at the same time ensuring that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- Lead software/hardware upgrade projects while providing daily production support
- Supporting multiple environments and teams , particularly in the field of healthcare
- SQL server administration
- Install or coordinate installation of application patches and releases on development, test, quality assurance, and production systems.
- Ensure high availability, security and integrity of assigned applications.
- Participate in production change control.
- Maintain and troubleshoot application issues including performance concerns.
- Assist in change control policies and code deployments.
- Create and build of new database environments.
- Manage SQL server reporting services
- Configure SSIS Packages
- Monitor SQL and transaction logs on Prod and Test Servers
- Coordinate DBs/Servers so test environment(s) parallel Prod
- Coordinate with ITD to allocate disk space/memory as needed
- Monitor SQL Agent jobs and reschedule as necessary
- Monitor/Maintenance of SQL Reporting Services, SSIS, Database Mail, and respective logs
- Provide security maintenance as needed
- Experience in design and support/administration in Windows Server platform (2003 and up) used for SQL applications.
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and large-scale web server farms
- Experience in maintaining SQL Server 2008+.
- Experience in server upgrades particularly 2008 to 2014 (standard vs. enterprise)
- Experience in maintaining SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in maintaining/configuring SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in configuring SQL server for high availability.
- Solid understanding of SQL Security and encryption
- Experience performance tuning for high load scenarios.
- Must have strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified team.
- Experience with Healthcare systems, including but not limited to Meditech, EPIC, EMR, etc…
- Must have strong communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of analysis and design standards and techniques
- Broad knowledge of industry standards for data warehouse design
- Experience creating requirement documents
- Experience reviewing, developing and approving detailed design documents.
- Experience with ERD analysis tools and ETL data modeling tools
- Experience with providing query writing support and tuning expertise to end users
- Experience in documenting code and processes for distribution to interested parties
- Thorough knowledge of data warehouse principals and techniques
- Highly analytic, with the ability to independently analyze and design eligibility systems
- At least 10 years database and/or programming experience
- Experience in designing and building data structures from granular normalized transaction level to de-normalized data warehouse aggregations.
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes Business Unit and IT customers
- Solid oral and written presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of or desire to learn health care systems, policies and health care related data
- Experience developing SQL stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions - or similar tools using Oracle
- Advanced understanding of database design – relational integrity, normalization, star schema
- Working knowledge of at minimum SQL Server 2008 + tools - Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Reporting Services – or similar tools using Oracle
- Experience and expertise including development of business specifications and implementing into BI reporting products
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
MCDBA; MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014; MCSE