Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for resolving both hardware and software issues for corporate and remote employees. You will be required to deliver a high level of customer service and satisfaction. You must work well in a team environment and can effectively prioritize and balance a demanding workload. It is essential to be available after hours and weekends should an emergency issue arise.
· Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, network printers, smartphones and telephones.
· Escalating network issues and managing new and ongoing projects with our 3rd party cloud provider
· Maintain network printers by replacing toner and parts
· Accepts ownership and accountability for ConnectWise tickets that will assigned by the employees.
· Provide technical support for conference room meetings. This may include; video conferencing, projection equipment and computer connectivity.
· Provide training for corporate and remote employees
· Follow the onboarding process to create new network accounts
· Monitor the Barracuda email spam system and whitelist safe emails
· Stream business meetings with Livestream and maintain video equipment for internal and external use.
· Maintain asset inventory
· Procurement of new hardware and software
· Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
· Troubleshooting computer software and hardware faults
· Repairing computer equipment and replacing parts
· Troubleshooting network issues and escalating if necessary
· Backup and restoring of critical data
· Software training in a group or single user environment
· Some troubleshooting of customer computers and custom inkjet printers is required
· Shift and on-call work is required, particularly where computing equipment is in continual 24-hour operation.
· Some local travel to support remote business meetings is required
Skills & Experience Required:
Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Hardware and Software Maintenance and Network troubleshooting
· 4 to 7 years hardware & software technical support experience
· Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange configuration
· Knowledge of Office 2016, Office 365, Quickbooks, UPS and Fedex shipping software, Connectwise, Barracuda ESS, Windows 7, Windows 10, VPN configuration, Wordpress, Meraki, DSX, ADP, Intronis Backup, Livestream, Smartsheet, Adobe Suite, Skype For Business, Teamviewer, RDP, Labtech, Android, iOS and some Mac OS
· Office 365 and Sharepoint administration
· Some telecom experience is necessary to configure our Sipworxx phone system
· Understanding of network switches and patch panels
· Some experience with digital cameras is a plus
· Self-starter and ability to perform described tasks with minimal supervision.
· Strong organization and problem solving skills required.
· Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
· Communicate professionally, concisely and consistently both verbally and in writing internally and externally.