The Desktop Engineering group within IT Infrastructure is looking for a Business Analyst to analyze and discover software dependencies on PCs and Macs. The analysis will focus on discovering applications that rely on such components as Java, Adobe Flash, Adobe Shockwave, Adobe Acrobat and other products. The analysis will also include determining what versions of the required products are supported by the application and what is the impact to the application if any of the components were to be upgraded. All information discovered will also be entered into the CMDB.
The candidate will be working with a team that consists of Desktop Engineers, Application Support personal and business facing Functional Leads. The candidate may also be reaching out directly to application vendors.
This project will provide Desktop Engineering with the necessary data to be able to upgrade components that are out of date and/or uninstall components that are no longer needed.
• Ask appropriate questions/hold workshops to uncover the desired information
• Document all data that is discovered
• Prepare and distribute weekly status reports
• Work independently with other members of IT without the oversight of Desktop Engineering
• Travel between the Weston, MA and Cambridge, MA
• 7-10 years relevant experience
• Proven ability to gather requirements for an Infrastructure project
• Proven ability to articulate complex problems
• Biotechnology experience desirable