Return To Job List
Location: Boston, MA
Program Manager Lead
Location: Boston, MA
Position Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to):
- Help define, deliver, and manage the vision, strategy, planning, direction, priorities, performance objectives, and measures of success for the project.
- Provide leadership to gather requirements and develop an RFQ to solicit bids for MPS from approved vendors. This includes working with multiple diverse constituents to account for varied needs.
- Serving as Internal PM, work closely with Project Manager from the selected vendor to coordinate plans and deliverables.
- Facilitating meetings, notes, project plans, and deliverables, for the internal portion of the project.
- Project Manage internal Proof of Concept / Proof of Partnership deployment with recommended vendor.
- Facilitate a Core Resource Team in developing deliverables such as standards, policies, processes and Communication Plans.
- Each Agency\Secretariat will be responsible for implementing the MPS program using the output from the Core team. The Program Manager will serve as a key focal point for the implementation teams engaging the Core Resource Team.
- The Program Manager may engage as Project Manager for smaller agencies without access to PM capabilities.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years of Project Management leadership experience in a complex IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a vision through implementation
- Prior state government or public service experience is a significant plus.
- Broad knowledge of basic IT terms and services in End User Computing, Networking, and print solutions a plus.
- PMI, Prince II Six Sigma or Lean Certification a plus
- Extensive project or program management experience
· Demonstrated ability to consistently drive project plans to achieve both short-term results and long-term objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and achieve results in a complex, multi-location, organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; with the ability to effectively relate and communicate at all levels, including explaining technical matters in business terms. Requires strong presentation, persuasion, and influential capabilities that elicit confidence and credibility.
- Ability to be a champion for change and continuous improvement within IT and the business
- Ability to escalate issues effectively to maintain project schedules.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and ability to create and sustain a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Excellent day-to-day operating skills.
- Must have a high level of personal integrity. Experienced in building consensus and support and resolving enterprise-level governance issues in a large, multi-divisional, multi-location organizational structure.
- Proven record of success initiating and executing major business technology or IT change programs across a large and diverse customer base.