Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Category: Other Area(s)
Must have experience in Java programming for genomics and genetics applications
Drug discovery continues to be transformed by powerful computational sciences and technologies that translate high throughput measurements into actionable knowledge about disease, patients and therapeutics. The Computing team is part of research and provides scientists with cutting-edge computational informatics and analytics tools and services in support of research and early development. The team has technical depth, agility and great motivation to solve scientifically demanding problems.
Seeking a IT Developer/Engineer to join the Scientific Computing team. The ideal candidate will prototype and execute scientific software development projects against needs and requirements comprising world-class data processing, QC and management platforms such as the NGS data generation and processing pipeline. The ideal candidate will be interested in building and implementing petascale solutions that handle billions of transactions and petascale data volumes.
• Work closely in partnership with scientists to understand scientific challenges, data needs, business needs, technology and software requirements
• Build and support a LIMS system for NGS data management and workflow automation
• Develop and establish best-practices in software LCM with code-reviews, version control, continuous integration and documentation
• Demonstrated ability in software LCM and agile methodologies, web development frameworks (HTML/CSS, Django, AngularJS), git versioning and visualization libraries (D3.js). R/Rshiny experience is a plus
• Solid experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, scheduling engines (SGE, LSF) and initiating and managing VM’s
• Expertise with common bioinformatics workflow management frameworks (e.g. Nextflow, snakemake), APIs (SOAP, RESTful), databases (Oracle, NoSQL).
• Experience with distributed computing (Spark, Hadoop), cloud computing (AWS, Google cloud) and app containers.
• Experience with large scale data transfer over Internet2 and GridFTP.