Help Desk (2 Roles)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The Helpdesk Specialist II provides outstanding customer service to end users on a variety of issues, identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. This support includes, but is not limited to: desktop hardware, printers, application support, security administration and telephone administration. The incumbent will be required to respond quickly to telephone calls, email and other requests from personnel. The Helpdesk Specialist also participates in special projects as assigned.
· Work with callers to resolve normal and unusual information system problems, or escalates following standard operating procedures.
· Provide technical support and problem resolution activities.
· Evaluate equipment requirements for individuals, groups and geographic locations.
· Install PC's and related hardware; investigate hardware problems and perform minor repairs.
· Use technical tools and knowledge to meet or exceed performance standards and expectations.
· Develop a knowledge of total computing environment and quality management processes and practices.
· Use best-practice customer service tools and techniques to work with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
· Deploy the application systems needed to deliver services to internal customers.
· Set priorities, perform triage and know when and how to escalate problems.
· Track and monitor service requests to ensure timely resolution; keep users informed of status.
· Maintain thorough logs in the IT Help Desk Software to assist the department in continuous systems improvement, track workload and resolve recurring problems.
· Coach users towards independence on common technical practices and procedures; empower users to leverage their technological tools.
· Work with the Human Resources Department to develop, maintain and provide IT training, classes and coaching.
· Manage IT systems, component and software license inventories.
· Deploy hardware, install software and work with experts on WAN/LAN infrastructure maintenance and installation.
· Maintain network, email, and application and telephone user accounts.
· Education in computer support with 1-3 years professional experience in Windows networking environments.
· Knowledge of the telecommunications platform, local telecommunications architecture and infrastructure components. (ie:Shortel and Nortel Systems)
· Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems.
· Experience with desktop operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10 preferred and Office 2010 or newer).
· Broad application support experience with the aptitude to rapidly learn our core applications (ie:CaseNet, Market Prominance, Commence, Provident and Sharepoint).
· Experience supporting mobile devices in an enterprise environment (Apple or Android).
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
· May be required to lift up to 40 lbs.
· Certifications (ie: A+, Net+, Security +, Server +)
· Knowledge of Asset Tracking methods (Wasp, SCCM).
· Experience supporting Mac’s.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level on the job site can be moderate to low. Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds regularly.