Sr. Brand Manager - Marketing
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Duration: 3+ Months
Sr. Brand Manager - Marketing
Accountable to assist in the development and implementation of product business plans, key strategic imperatives, positioning & messaging for marketing initiatives across the obesity portfolio and for designated customer segments to achieve Novo Nordisk P&L goals. Responsible to develop & ensure the alignment of brand positioning and messaging. Serves as the primary brand point person and develops and coordinates the overall brand plan, while ensuring brand alignment of all initiatives with the COE’s and customer segment. Responsible to Develop & implement annual brand tactical plans through the development of brand strategies, communications strategies, positioning, etc. Participates on the Extended Brand Team (EBT) for designated brand and provides key input into the brand planning process.
Reports to the Sr. Brand Director. Internal relationships are with other members of the brand team and Business Unit. Build strong relationships by working closely with other Brand Managers and units within Obesity Marketing. Works closely with field sales to ensure marketing programs are developed that strongly support their direct and indirect needs with customers. Maintains close collaboration with Medical, Regulatory and Legal functions. External relationships include relations with professional services vendors. May also interact with NN/AS.
• BRAND PLANNING: Accountable to manage the brand/portfolio budget process for designated area - makes sound decisions to optimize spend and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services are maintained while costs remain on track and according to budget. Monitor agency expenses by looking for opportunities to maximize value while minimizing agency costs. Follow internal and external procedures in managing contracts. Regularly tracks and reconciles expenses to ensure budget is on track.
• BRAND PLANNING: Develops accurate short and long term plans, forecasting, and business analysis. Ensures timely execution and follow-up, meets deadlines, prioritizes projects and time, anticipate problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management.
• BRAND PLANNING: Develops and presents compelling plans for management endorsement.
• BRAND PLANNING: Develops/executes marketing plans in conjunction with the COE while ensuring customer segment portfolio alignment
• BRAND PLANNING: Lead the development of annual strategic product plans for assigned products utilizing input of extended brand teams. This includes working with the relevant units to ensure in-depth market analysis, effective market research activities, thought leader development, forecasting, pricing strategy, etc.
• BRAND PLANNING: Manages all aspects of the marketing mix including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product developments and/or changes as it related to patient marketing.
• STRATEGIC PLANNING: Develops marketing plans that strategically balances NNI’s portfolios across diabetes and obesity based on brand life-cycle planning
• STRATEGIC PLANNING: Works with medical and marketing functions to create and implement market shaping strategies in anticipation of product launches
• BRAND PLANNING Develops the implementation of pre-launch and launch plans, and post launch business plans/strategies
• BRAND TEAM LEADERSHIP: Champions the Triple Bottom Line in development of brand strategy and tactical initiatives.
• BRAND TEAM LEADERSHIP: Participates on teams and works cross-functionally to integrate all plans and strategies and ensure strategic alignment.
• BRAND TEAM LEADERSHIP: Understands Novo Nordisk’s values and their importance to business results.
• MARKET & PROGRAM ANALYSES: Manages brand positioning messages, and key objectives
• MARKET & PROGRAM ANALYSES: Manages sales force communication and training regarding related programs ensuring effective integration with Sales Force activities.
• MARKET & PROGRAM ANALYSES: Measures ROI on all implemented programs and presents results to all stakeholders within 60 days of program completion.
• MARKET & PROGRAM ANALYSES: Participates in the development of market research plans.
• MARKET & PROGRAM ANALYSES: Works closely with Marketing Effectiveness to ensure tracking of implemented programs are reported in a timely manner to all stakeholders.
• PROMOTIONS: Plans, develops and executes POA strategy and “Call to Action.”
• PROMOTIONS: Assists in the development of personal HCP promotional materials – collaborates with COE for respective expertise in customer segment; ensures brand alignment of all initiatives with COEs
• PROMOTIONS: Develops and implements brand positioning and messaging to customer segment.
• PROMOTIONS: Develops and implements effective brand related messages, positioning, programs and initiatives to drive value and profitability.
• PROMOTIONS: Develops and implements programs to improve compliance and persistency with existing patients, and to enhance retention of key brands with existing patients
• PROMOTIONS: Manages and adheres to PRB review process and deadlines for submission of all related materials
• PROMOTIONS: Manages other brand functions as needed including special projects and process improvement initiatives.
• PROMOTIONS: Proactively communicate with COEs and others to ensure transparent communications within and outside the department.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
• A minimum of 7 years sales and/or brand management/marketing experience within the pharmaceutical industry required.
• 2 years as a Brand Manager or equivalent relevant experience required.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in designing and implementing project plans.
• Planning, Execution and Follow-Up – effectively prioritizes and spends time and the time of others on what is important. Develops accurate short and long term plans, forecasting, and business analysis.