Lead Systems Administration Windows
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Job Category: Other Area(s)
Lead Systems Administration Windows..
As a senior member of the Windows Systems Administration Team, this individual will be responsible for providing 24x7x365 support of server infrastructure globally.
Part of the Systems administration role is to take technical ownership to ensure the stable operation of the in-house servers’ infrastructure systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining/ administering and optimizing servers and related components. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues within a team environment.
• Ability to provide operations support for the Biogen environment on a global basis. This individual will be part of the team responsible for providing 24x7 supports of the server infrastructure within all Biogen locations (required to participate in on-call support rotation).
• Develop and manage a process to support “incident management” and problem management across multiple areas of expertise
• Develop short-term corrective programs / process and long-term process redesign.
• Should be comfortable with, and have experience, interacting with cross functional project teams.
Responsible for approving/advising technical change controls within the windows team.
• Provide support for a continuous improvement plan strategy.
• Create and track business metrics to measure effectiveness and efficiency (capacity planning, etc)
• Provide strategy, analysis and operational deliverables to senior management for global initiatives. This includes financial analysis, decision support, business project management, operational analysis, process re-engineering and contract and vendor analysis and management.
• Represent Operations and work closely with other functional groups to develop work synergy.
• Develop a toolbox of best practice analytic methodologies and approaches used to help improve the efficiency and maturity of the Operations team.
• Help mentor junior staff on process and technology skills
• Provide support for forecasting and budgeting process, as needed.
• Ability to provide strong vendor management and work coordination within BIIB and with various service providers. Manage the day to day activities of the outsource vendors within your assigned technology.
o Windows Active directory domain, SCCM, Powershell, DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Windows 2008, 2012 server operating systems
o HP server class, Cisco UCS, HCI enterprise server class infrastructure
o San and NAS systems
o Backup management
o Microsoft Office suite
o Citrix environment
o Project Management
o FDA Validation