Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Analytics and Data Governance
This role manages activities around analytics Proof of Concept activities in a variety of business intelligence tools and helps build out Analytics Governance program in conjunction with Director, Data and Analytics Governance. This role is responsible for ongoing data delivery and quality of data provided by secondary data providers.
This role reports to the Director Data Governance and Analytics Governance, CE Systems and Data. This role interacts on a regular basis with all functions of Commercial Effectiveness & IT.
• Analytics Governance:
- Assists Director of Data and Analytics governance in building analytics governance program and portal. Ensure program is well established and creates framework for ongoing function.
- Acts as project manager for Proof of Concept and implementation on Analytics Tools: i.e. Tableau, Qliksense, PowerBI.
• Data Management and Reporting:
- Collaborate across boundaries to ensure data alignment with different groups within Commercial Effectiveness. Drive accuracy and efficiency in data delivery methods and processes.
- Ensures current back end sales information systems are functioning properly; partnering with IT when necessary to make system enhancements and improvements.
- Upholds quality standards to ensure data quality for all incoming and outgoing data deliverables. Monitors and trouble shoots data discrepancies.
- Oversee monthly production schedule meetings to develop and manage data and reporting calendar.
- Oversees the quality control of input of data files to ensure they are reflective of current business rules.
- Provides recommendations on business rules (e.g., assigning data to teams/territories) and impacts on downstream systems. Train business partners on the process flows to improve cross-functional collaboration.
- Oversees the integration of data into the data warehouse and sales systems.
- Reviews IT processes and procedures to ensure data quality and cleanliness in analytics systems like CONNEX. Looks for continuous improvement.
- Serve as subject matter expert for syndicated and internal data sources within CE.
- Employs project management skills on organizational improvements through Analytics and Data Governance
- Maintains and identifies improvements to product master via Org Manager system. Ensures all related documentation on core processes from IMS and other data vendors.
- Oversees and coordinates data deliverables and communications for both national and sub-national information specific to data management, i.e., parallel deliverables, trend breaks, new services, etc.
• Vendor Management:
- Participate and lead weekly/quarterly vendor meetings to review project status and on-going processing issues
- Serve as in-house expert on IQVIA data and primary liaison with vendors, (e.g., IMS).
• A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Business Administration, or related field required, with at least 5 years’ experience in analytics and related functions in the pharmaceutical industry required.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in analytics tools/systems, such as Excel, Access; SharePoint, Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI; Qliksense
• Strong Analytic skills and project management skills