Sr. Project Manager
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Description: We are searching for an experienced project / program manager.
This individual should be strong in leading projects: starting from structuring and organizing work into projects and workstreams, defining scope, clarifying and establishing the teams, deliverables, as well as creating the plans and driving the execution to successful results. The ability to manage expectations, resources, deadlines is a must. Strong communication skills, ability to work well across the organization to ensure the focus on the project deliverables. Strong vendor management discipline, as well as the ability to work across different departments.
To be successful this individual needs to be results oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, able to shape and drive deliverables, and to step outside the traditional project work to assist the team in other areas that might need attention.
The person in this role will work in IT organization, to deliver IT services to the team. The team is comprised of individuals from the team, as well as IT. The work is in support of the following:
Launched earlier this year in Adobe Experience Manager, the portal provides basic information to the network, along with some basic functionality to upload research requests and download forms. These functions will evolve to support broader needs, connecting the portal users to other more robust tools that will better support the needs of the end users. These are the scope of 2 projects:
Data Visualization Project
The goal of the Data Visualization Project is to provide the researchers, and others who might be interested in the data, a way to explore the data to understand what data is there. For researchers, the primary users, they would be able to understand whether the data would support their research hypothesis, for instance. The data is not intended to support the level of analysis that the biostatistics team requires.
The workflow project will provide the network with a way to request, track and manage research requests, including samples and data. It may also encompass the ability to upload research results.
• Managing the timelines, budgets and resource scheduling needed to deliver new or enhanced systems and capabilities
• Preparing weekly status reports and identifying and managing any risks, issues and dependencies.
• Managing the budget and end-to-end project plan across multiple responsible parties (i.e. BAs, development teams both internal and external, business leads, testing teams, etc.).
Developing and/or facilitating SDLC deliverables over the project life cycle
• Effectively communicating and escalating issues, roadblocks, and risks to management while maintaining responsibility for their resolution, to ensure the successful launch of each project
• Maintaining all Project documents according to the PMO specifications.
• Demonstrating thought leadership in discussions with business partners to ensure delivery of the most effective solutions for the identified business objectives
• Driving priorities and deadlines to completion
• Coordinating multiple cross functional interactions with multiple business units (i.e. – Commercial, Medical, R&D organizations).
• Six years IT project management experience with software applications
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and in budget
• Pharmaceutical experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; works well under pressure and with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
• Ability to effectively drive execution and own responsibility for overall success of projects
• Ability to develop and follow complex communication plans, project plans, provides updates to senior level executives
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Technical proficiency and customer-facing skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree