Senior Project Manager
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Seeking a Senior Project Manager to help evaluate the current technology systems and needs. She/he will help identify inefficiencies (and efficiencies) with technology vendor contracts, software applications and implementation of current applications by users. Recommendations based on feasibility, costs and needs of the Department are to be presented throughout the duration of this position, expected to last six months. The Department may extend the contract depending on the status of the procurement process and execution of contracts.
1. Facilitate procurement process of the voucher management system after evaluating the current infrastructure.
2. Coordinate with staff, IT staff to draft and negotiate software development and IT contracts using industry standard best practices and ensuring maximum value.
3. Review the current systems, policies and procedures and identify areas for costs savings and/or improvements. Make recommendations that include the critical path to execution of improvements. As directed, execute approved cost savings initiatives or technology-related projects.
4. Work with the Department staff to develop a system for monitoring technology and IT contract compliance. Write operational guidance for the Department staff on efficient implementation and oversight of technology contracts including, but not limited to, communication methods and billing policies and procedures.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. 3-5+ years’ experience in an IT environment overseeing technology vendor contracts. Strong analytical and business analysis skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operation requirements.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated professionalism and the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders including front-end users, managers and senior leaders.
3. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
4. Experience with business intelligence software such as Microsoft BI and analytics.
5. Working familiarity with SQL.
6. Experience evaluating and improving workflow protocols.
7. Experience designing database reports
8. Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate lateral leadership.
9. Ability to work independently.