Senior Business Analyst
Location: Malden, Massachusetts
This person will be responsible for all aspects of business requirements and data analysis of a web based software development project. This position will work with the project team to define scope, analyze business needs, gather and document business and data requirements using industry standard practices and tools.
This is a lean and agile project. The ideal candidate can work in all functional areas of the application. They will also have experience in all phases of business and data analysis.
1. The Senior Business & Data Analyst is responsible for collaborating with the Organization, Business SMEs and stakeholders, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Developers in the process of creating and documenting business and data requirements.
2. Collaborate with the business to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to business needs, and reengineer business processes as needed.
3. Collaborate with the technical team to understand the data design of the application, and apply that knowledge to define data requirements related to the new functional requirements.
4. As a member of the team, adhere to the organization’s methodologies and standards, and also propose improvements based on business and data analysis best practices.
5. Fulfill requirements with high quality and customer satisfaction
6. Conduct all interviews and meetings needed to document current business process.
7. Assist in the development of and approval of the business process documentation.
8. Help team members elaborate their requirements; analyze gaps, permutations, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear, concise, etc.
9. Participate in Change Management processes to assess and advise on the impact of release and data requirements being changed, added, or dropped
10. Provide support to the QA and Technical Writing resources to write test scripts and provide content review for necessary training and user manuals
11. Advise QA of test coverage needs for each release's functional requirements.
12. Review test cases, expected results, and actual results to ensure that the spirit and intent of all functional requirements are being met.
13. Review deliverables related to new releases
14. Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
15. Participate in daily scrum meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
16. Submit weekly status reports.
Education and Experience Level
1. At least 7 years of professional business analysis experience.
2. Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
3. Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Requirements Analysis and the Software Development Lifecycle Process.
4. Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Data Analysis, including through knowledge of SQL, with an ability to read and understand SQL code and stored procedures.
5. Strong prototyping, visual design and interaction design skills.
6. Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
7. Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles (Scrum methodology) a plus.
Experience with education data a plus
1. Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
2. Ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
3. Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
4. Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
5. Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.