Location: boston, Massachusetts
As we strive to improve the delivery of IT services, we are in need of an experienced Senior Program Manager who will report directly into the SCIO within our matrixed organization. A successful candidate will act as a business liaison and understand technical requirements/ capabilities and be able to communicate them in a non-technical way as needed. Projects will have a focus in data; data warehousing, Amazon Web Services, and data visualization.
· Support, manage and represent project managers
· Define agency goals and create a vision for the program road map that aligns to said agency goals/ mission
· Lead and participate in strategic planning to develop 1-3 year plans
· Liaise within the organization to increase communication, collaboration and effectiveness
· Oversee data focused projects and be able to report the technical aspects in laments terms for stakeholders
· Advocate needs while also promoting the value of centralized infrastructure and services
· Design, develop, train and mentor project management methodology, policy and standards, risk and issues management, agency communication and requirements through project close
· Track and manage multiple timelines, while creating a communication plan for all key stakeholders regarding program details, status updates, key risks, mitigation plans and process/plan changes.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· 6-10+ years of experience in information technology, data or program management
· Substantial managerial experience in formulating, planning, leading, directing and controlling complex, broad, and highly technical functions
· Demonstrated ability to create and implement a technology empowered business strategy
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects
· Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management-
· In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, methodologies, and resource management principles
· Knowledge of data tools and technologies within data warehousing and data visualization
· -Proven ability to conceptualize and execute deadline driven projects with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize multiple and competing projects-
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree is preferred.