PM Technical Lead
Location: quincy, Massachusetts
Project Manager Technical Lead
Project Manager – COTS Application Implementation/Upgrade
Seeking a self-motivated Project Manager experienced in delivering high profile projects that also has technical knowledge migrating its business operations off of a mainframe system to a commercial off the shelf product inclusive of over 100 web service interfaces and the conversion of several hundred business partners to the new system and web services. This program had two phases. Phase one was implemented and the team is actively working on phase two scheduled for implementation in November 2019. This person will act as a project management expert as part of the PMO and will work very closely with PMO management, technical leads, business SMEs, senior management, system integrator’s team and key stakeholders across multiple business areas. The PM must be able to adopt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in the acceptance of the system integrator’s methodology and tools, the environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The PM must be able to support high-level strategic initiatives as directed by the PMO, and also roll up his/her sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Core Skills and Background
· Experience in managing and implementing large scale (enterprise) business and technology programs that impact delivering customer services.
· Experience with Agile/Waterfall Methodologies and working through the entire system development life cycle (SDLC).
· Ability to manage a project schedule; review risk and issue logs raising concerns to PMO management; produce status reports; support teams at risk of not meeting planned deliverables; prepare team meeting agendas and minutes and other project related activities as directed by the PMO.
· Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder’s expectations.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with both business and technical staff, verbal and written; proven ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations; work with spreadsheets.
· Ability to present/participate in program meetings to discuss project status, identify and implement solutions to address risks and issues, and drive decision making in order to deliver on time.
· Ability to work cohesively with multiple vendors.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or alternative degree with relevant work experience.
· Minimum 8+ years project management experience.
· Experience within government a plus.