Location: Boston, MA
This position requires strong and diverse communication and relation management skills for engaging with senior executives, vendors and the overall agency teams.The candidate will be expected to perform as an experienced Senior Project Manager. This role will report to the Portfolio Manager and Security Transformation PMO Lead -- and manage and oversee various Security initiatives within the Office of the CISO. The candidate will help achieve Security business goals through strategic IT initiatives in a collaborative, cost effective, and timely manner.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Work in a fast-paced environment with frequent deliverables
- Assure the on-time, on-cost, high-quality, delivery of project scope (or sprints). Manage and drive the planning, execution and reporting of assigned projects, including vendor-led projects.
- Active identification, analysis and mitigation/resolution of action items, issue and risks. Escalating issues and facilitating resolution of blockers within (or external to) the project team(s) is critical requirement.
- Produce timely and high-quality work products, including scope, requirements, sprint or project plans, stakeholder updates, issues and risks logs, etc
- Work with stakeholders and executives as well as a team-member level
- Collaborate, cultivate trust and develop strong relationships among peers, customers, and stakeholders - Communicate in a clear, professional manner with team members and stakeholders
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and a willingness to promote change
Specific skills/expertise required
- Strong (written and oral) communication skills required
- Deep understanding of Secure Software Life-Cycle preferred, but not required
- Deep understanding of security frameworks & standards preferred, but not required (OWASP Top-10, BSIMM, Mitre-CAPEC, etc)
- Deep understanding of one or more Agile frameworks – Required
- Example: Skilled at tailoring Definition of Done based on the project objectives and the Agile maturity of the team
- Highly experienced with running Agile technology projects – Required
- Experience with executing Security projects preferred e.g. pen-testing, red-team campaigns, SecDevOps initiatives
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Project and experienced with Microsoft SharePoint
- Highly experienced project or program manager with proven track record in managing large projects or programs in enterprises or government - Required