Sr Messaging Engineer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The Sr. Messaging Engineer will play a critical role in helping to define architecture & best practices for the HMH enterprise and will be responsible for leading projects to develop and implement scalable solutions for Cloud Messaging and Directory services and ensure that initiatives support the corporate vision. As a Sr. Messaging Engineer, the successful candidate must have experience supporting large enterprise environments, and a demonstrated competency in driving architecture & strategy.
• Accountable for enterprise-wide system performance with regards to messaging and the underlying components, primarily user & system email, email security services, and SMTP gateways.
• Accountable for enterprise-wide system performance with regards to Directory Services and the underlying components, primarily the corporate directory platform.
• Proactively collaborate with other technology departments and related business units to increase system efficiencies, document system architecture and define long-term design strategies
• Analyze business requirements and ensure that solutions meet established technical and company policies and controls.
• Partner with business owners & application teams to define and enhance technology solutions to meet business, performance, and security requirements
• Review on an ongoing basis existing systems to recommend process and system improvements, as well as policy changes related to IT system architecture
• Demonstrate knowledge of applicable industry standards, hardware and software controls, and emerging security issues
• Serves as a key resource to work with various technical teams to diagnose and troubleshoot complex and/or critical issues (On-Call rotation as required)
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years in supporting large scale enterprise environments
• Experience designing & supporting messaging environments (Office365 and Mimecast)
• Experience designing & supporting directory services solutions (Microsoft Active Directory, Azure ADFS)
• Experience designing & supporting systems & processes in Azure environments
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to identify and recommend changes to improve efficiency and lower costs
• Ability to work independently and with a team to support corporate systems and projects
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.