Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Working closely with business subject matter experts, apply principles and practices of instructional design and adult learning theory in the design, creation and delivery of online, blended and instructor-led classroom training courses and documentation.
Able to drive the instructional design process while managing a positive relationship with the subject matter expert.
May develop content for learning or knowledge management systems. Conduct learning and business needs analysis.
Draft expected learning outcomes that align with course goals; determine scope and sequence of content; identify impacted or target audiences and relevant pre-requisites for learner success; design/implement course evaluation plans.
Devise modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of the course. Write effective copy, instructional materials, and audio and video scripts to help participants meet learning objectives.
Produce learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, and multimedia. May develop and deliver train-the-trainer programs, and deliver in-person instruction of complex information to participants.
May provide training on instructional technologies and tools.
Demonstrated experience with common web and multimedia authoring tools (such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Camtasia) and knowledge of HTML typically required.
Expertise with a commonly used technology platforms and software such as PC, Mac, iPad, Office 365 and popular browsers is expected. May be required to use elearning authoring tools, and to upload instructional content to websites, elearning platforms or learning management systems.
Must possess strong skills in oral and written communication, stand up training delivery and presentation, and project management. Masters degree, formal training, or certification in instructional design is desirable.
The Training Specialist supports the school’s teaching and learning mission by ensuring flawless support of training events and materials. S/he works closely with ETS staff, and MBA and ExEd staff to understand and deliver on training needs, ensuring that accurate and effective training documentation is prepared and communicated. The Specialist provides training on instructional technologies and tools.
Working closely with subject matter experts, s/he is responsible for identifying training and knowledge management needs, evaluating solutions and creating training materials. S/he creates and monitors guidelines and processes to ensure consistent and high-quality release, transition, support, and close-out of projects.
• Designs, develops, maintains and delivers innovative learning solutions.
• Presents complex information to a variety of audiences and in a variety of media.
• Conducts instructor led training in a live classroom environment.
• Develops eLearning courses using Storyline2 and Camtasia.
• Creates high-quality user (faculty, student, and administrator) documentation.
• Assumes additional responsibilities within the team as required. Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or related area. • Recognized team leadership and group facilitation skills in complex situations. • Comprehensive understanding of the concepts and processes that create great relationships and can demonstrate leadership skills in providing outstanding customer service in complex situations.
• Demonstrated success working with business unit partners to understand and support their academic technology classroom needs.
• Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: Adaptable, flexible; uses grace and tact under pressure; unflappable when confronting challenges; resilient; positive outlook and "can-do" attitude; respectful & approachable style.
• Expertise with a commonly used technology platforms and software (e.g., PC/Mac, iPad, common browsers).
• Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
• Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations and training sessions.
• Ability to drive the instructional design process while managing a positive relationship with the subject matter expert. Additional Skills and Abilities Desired
• Experience working with faculty in a higher-education academic environment.
• Experience in classroom support
• Experience using Storyline and Camtasia a plus
• Experience in customer-facing role
• Experience conducting project retrospectives