Data Reporting Analyst
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Information Technology Data Warehouse professional to review, analyze and document existing data warehouse tables and fields. This resource would join data warehouse analysis and reporting team. The data warehouse stores claims, provider, member, eligibility, enrollment and other data from various sources. This resource will be a key resource in the data warehouse’s mission and its partners to access and report and other related information in a timely and understandable way. This resource must have extensive knowledge of data warehouse terminology, health care data, and government data and processes.
This resource will be primarily responsible for business analysis and defining data that is pulled from multiple sources in to the data warehouse. The resource will need to organize and lead meetings with technical and business personnel in order to gather the appropriate information for different projects including a project to create and update a data warehouse dictionary in the appropriate DW format. The dictionary will be searchable and will need to be made available online. This resource will be responsible for ensuring all documentation is based on standards and will need to work with multiple warehouse tools including ERWIN, JIRA, SQL and CVS.
This resource will work within a team of contractors and full time employees and report directly to the projects leads and work closely with the Cognos reporting team.
· Work with stakeholders to analyze and gather project requirements
· Document a data dictionary of table and field attributes
· Provide feedback on how data is used from intake to inclusion in the DW to business reporting
· Documentation of business rules that affect data transformation
· Work closely with Cognos and Oracle developers as well as business sponsors
· Communicate progress, or impediments to progress, to business users and managers
· Organize and maintain workload and work independently with limited supervision
· Participate in, and contribute to, team projects and meetings
· Manage and respond to data clarification and definition inquiries
· Manage attribute definitions, factors and other business rules
· Attain business input to manage workload
· Manage and publish data models, data dictionaries, and schemas
· Implement a standard data dictionary that can easily be searched, filtered and sorted
· Create and implement a change control/governance process for data dictionary updates
· At least 1 - 3 years direct experience with health care data and data management
· Understands the basic principles of data governance and data stewardship (data quality).
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate the data management subject matter to business owners
· Strong base SAS and SQL skills on a Windows platform required; other programming skills, (e.g. VBA), a plus
· Experience using ERWIN data models
· Experience using JIRA defect and/or other project management tools
· Experience using CVS code repository or other version control software
· Ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications and business requirements documentation. Strong analytic skills and attention to detail required
· Knowledge of Medicaid terminology, structures and programs
· High level communication skills including the ability to express findings and recommendations clearly to end users and several levels of management, verbally, visually and in writing
· Extensive experience in MS Office; other relevant software experience desired
· Ability to manage multiple ongoing and short term projects
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university