Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Business Analyst is a key position reporting directly to the VP, Sales & Services IT is evolving its organization, and this new position will play a pivotal role in establishing IT as a strategic business partner that understands, enables, and improves core business strategy, processes, and operations through technology solution design and delivery. We are looking for an exceptional Business Analyst to partner with business stakeholders to identify business needs and technology solution opportunities, and lead enhancement projects for existing applications, scope, design, build and deploy new applications, and onboard third-party SAAS solutions.
The ideal candidate must have deep understanding of the business function, processes, leading practices, and application landscape. They must be able to lead cross-functional teams through the development lifecycle. The Sr. Business Analyst must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to drive clarity and consensus around business requirements, technology solution options across business and technical audiences. In order to be effective, the candidate must have the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with business and technical teams across multiple locations. This position will be located in Boston, MA and may require 25-50% travel to business partner locations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build strong partnerships with business and technical development teams, in Boston, Dublin, other US locations and off-shore, to create business deliverables such as Requirements or User Story Backlog, Business Requirements Documents, Business Process Maps, Functional Specifications, Test Plans, Deployment Plans, User Adoption Plans, and other relevant documentation
- Facilitate workshops with business stakeholders to develop requirements
- Work with business and technical development teams to support the translation of Business Requirements and Functional Specification Documents into Technical Requirements and oversee solution development/build, ensuring requirements/user stories are traceable and enabled by the solution
- Take ownership of the Solution Manager inputs into projects, coordinating activities, managing deadlines and escalating risks and issues
- Develop process and data mapping for systems
- Act as key liaison between business stakeholders and technical development team, building and managing strong relationships within the business functions
- Create and manage test plans to ensure solutions are ready for production deployment
- Work closely with business stakeholders to build, refine and prioritise requirements or user story backlogs
- Advise and recommend technology solution options that may satisfy business requirements and improve effectiveness of the business
- Apply problem solving techniques and product capability knowledge to ensure appropriate solutions
- Support change requirements through accurate impact analysis and change specifications
- Drive quality through adherence to and supporting project management processes and procedures, including the maintenance of documentation on shared file systems
- Identify issues/events that could affect resources, schedule, budget, scope and/or deadline; escalate issues to appropriate parties for resolution
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Provide support to business stakeholders and project managers to help drive business initiatives, including all phases of development lifecycle through user adoption
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an IT related technical discipline or 5+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 5-10 years of experience in a business analyst role, directly engaging business stakeholders to design, build, and deploy technology solutions
- Experience in leading technology projects (waterfall and agile) across the entire development lifecycle for large enterprise software applications, with deep experience in Salesforce.com
- Deep understanding of core business processes related to lead generation, sales and services operations and processes.
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze and document information
- Ability to establish creative solutions to meet requirements
- Strong project management capabilities, including managing project plans, identification and escalation of dependencies, risks, and issues.
- Excellent workshop/interview facilitation skills
- Proven experience in analytical, research and problem-solving techniques
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas