Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Provide technical leadership to software engineering team; define software development processes and best practices on how to coordinate developer team on projects involving multiple developers.
• Design and create software solutions including, automated nightly data feeds, custom tools, database, data management, end-user tools, and APIs.
• Analyze and translate business information and technical requirements into architectural models.
• Work closely with the data architect to understand, implement and maintain data models in support of existing applications, etc. Provide guidance on SIS and LMS data definitions, uses, data asset capabilities and data management procedures.
• Collaborate with internal and external software developers and integrators, project managers, and business partners to ensure successful project outcomes.
• Backup other developers that monitor, support and maintain Student Information System, Learning Management System, Video System, Admission, Financial Aid, Registration System, etc.
• Evaluate emerging technologies and frameworks for use within the team.
• Develop complex SQL queries and create reports.
• Maintain technical documentation and source code repository
BS in Computer science or software engineering, or equivalent.
Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
Minimum of 7+ years of programming experience, preferably with API experience with multiple vendors. Advanced understanding and experience with the object-oriented programming language such as C#, C, C++ Experience using APIs such as RESTFUL APIs, WebAPI, XML, JSON, & custom data formats. Strong DBMS skills are a must with advanced SQL experience.
Experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrated the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and to prioritize rapidly shifting priorities.
Experience using cloud development an hosting environments such as AWS or Azure plus. Experience with QA, especially in the context of data quality.
Verbal, presentation, collaboration, and communication skills for business and technical audiences are important.
Experience with OASIS, Canvas, MediaSite, Amp, Powerfaids, Peoplesoft Campus Solutions is a plus. Experience working in an academic environment