Senior Project Manager
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Our client is in the process of developing a strategic plan to streamline and combine its current eligibility and enrollment processes for members, along with the eligibility and enrollment processes of non members, incorporating certain functionality of the current legacy eligibility system, on a modular basis to provide a single point of access for an individual and/or family to apply for public health insurance benefits and provide for common data storage for all programs. The goal is to improve the provision of these public benefits through more efficient and collaborative processes. In order to develop a plan for implementation of a single point of access for benefits is undertaking an intensive effort to map the current state of operations and the systems that support those operations and then support those operations and systems to a new infrastructure.
· Develop and/or review detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and project checklists and budgets to meet established time frames, funding limitations and staffing availability in support of One Medicaid initiative
· Participate in project meetings representing. These meetings include Procurement, Planning, Status and other meetings
· Collaborate with the organization’s business leaders to develop and maintain ongoing schedules in support of mapping and porting effort
· Monitor results against established timelines, deliverables, tasks, dependencies and associated technical specifications
· Prepare and/or review comprehensive supporting plans in the areas of quality control, risk management, change management, testing and other associated project management areas
· Report status and risks on a daily/weekly basis to project stake holders
· Participate in sessions as SME when needed. Define project requirements with key business stakeholders
· Coordinate submission, review and approval of project deliverables such as Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specification documents, Test Plans and Technical Interface documents.
- Knowledge of and experience with large health care eligibility systems
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with management, end users and project team members
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to conduce detailed planning, perform risk assessments and their associated risk response actions
- Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, information, plans and procedures to both technical and non-IT business users
- Interact effectively with technical personnel and a wide variety of technical resource
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more technical roles
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Excellent communication skills both written and formal
- Ability to lead
- Ability to work through business issues with Project stakeholders.
- Pragmatic, flexible negotiations style
- Team player, collaborative, with a focus on initiative and problem-solving.
- Strong analytical and communication (articulate oral and written) skills; and Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced experience Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; working knowledge of MS Project and Visio a plus