QA Analyst Finance
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Analyst (with Banking and Finance background)
Candidates should be prepared to make an immediate impact within the QA Team and contribute to building awareness of testing value. In addition to developing test scenarios, candidates will need to interface with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Analysts, Business End – User Testers, Developers and other key stakeholders throughout the organization.
QA Analysts Overall Description
The ATLAS testing team is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Release two (R2) ATLAS software. QA Analysts will analyze the testing objectives; the scope of the testing effort and the testing approach as it fits within the Atlas Project methodology; identify gaps in the business test requirements coverage by reviewing the documented business processes. QA Analysts will write detailed QA Test Plans and test scenarios as well as create the test data required for positive and negative testing and track key Project milestone dates.
The Atlas testing team is responsible for testing the Functional/Business Requirements within multiple applications to ensure the full and correct linkage and integrity of data and functionality between separate components of the ATLAS R2 project.
QA Analysts create and maintain Defect/Issues Logs, suggest improvements, re-test fixes and provide test progress reports. QA analysts perform regression testing to prevent adverse effects on existing functionality; execute Stress and Performance testing, evaluate the application for usability and accessibility, participate in User Acceptance testing, and assist the Training Department if needed. Post implementation, the Quality Assurance department is expected to support any project in any way needed.
QA Analysts should have a working knowledge of the Waterfall, Iterative Development as well as Agile/Scrum methodologies in order to immediately work on current projects. QA Analyst should be able to navigate between Waterfall, Iterative and Agile testing methodologies.
We are looking for a QA Analyst that has experience working with credit and debit card processing, eCheck processing along with detailed knowledge of reconciling the source application with the receiving bank statement reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- Familiar with both Waterfall, Iterative Development and Agile Methodologies.
- Knowledge of Windows, Web based and MS Access applications.
- Experience with Data/Messaging Exchange between systems.
- Basic understanding of SQL and Database Management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of Industry Tool Sets, such as: Defect Management Applications, Modeling and automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle with an emphasis on Software Test Procedures, Techniques and Best Practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to interact in a collaborative environment with all project members and stakeholders.
- Ability to perform and achieve objectives in a fast paced environment.
- QA Certification is a plus.
- Define the testing objectives
- Define the scope of the testing effort
- Define the testing approach
- Identify and meet the key milestone dates
- Organize the testing effort and lead team members (when needed)
- Define testing roles and responsibilities within the team (when needed)
- Define testing documentation
- Define the business processes to be tested
- Identify the systems functionality to be tested
- Identify the systems interfaces to be tested
- Write detailed QA Test Plans and detailed test scenario scripts.
- Create data required for positive, negative and regression testing
- Write and maintain defect /Issues Log
- Create testing progress reports
- Create and maintain a Testing Results Matrix to determine if all functional/business requirements have been tested
- Test all Functional/Business Requirements
- Test multiple components or applications to ensure the integrity of data and functionality among these separate components
- Test system/application navigation
- Evaluate overall performance (when needed)
- Re-test fixes and update Bug/Issues Log and Testing Results Matrix
- Perform Regression testing to discover any adverse effects on other functionalities
- Perform Stress testing and Load testing (when needed)
- Be familiar with Usability and Accessibility testing objectives
- Assist during User Acceptance testing
- Assist the Training Department
- Assist with post-production implementation testing
- Working knowledge of Waterfall, Iterative and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Test Manager or similar testing tool.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Support the project in any way needed