Responsible for performing data analysis and problem solving in a complex healthcare environment. Interact with customers (doctors, nurses, hospital management, investigators etc.) on understanding/defining their information needs and partner with other business and technical staff to meet those needs. Brainstorm with functional teams and recommend optimal way to collect, store, retrieve and analyze the data. Translate business requirements into code and documentation. Develop metadata definitions from the business rules. This person will be heavily involved in selection, manipulation, integration and analysis of data from variety of sources. They also will create SQL and reports as needed to support their projects.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required
- Level 1 - One year of related experience is required.
- Level 2 - 3+ years’ experience in requirements gathering, data analysis, SQL and report development
- Solid and effective written, interpersonal, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Proven ability to produce logical flows to support the design of data solutions
- Proven ability to describe technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Ability to produce data flow diagrams that can easily show data lineage
- Skilled in requirements gathering and data analysis
- Data sourcing, data mapping and managing metadata
- Documenting and analyzing workflow and clinical processes
- Experience and knowledge in developing complex SQL scripts in various RDBMS environments
- Thorough understanding of Data Modeling, including ER and Dimensional models
- Healthcare/Research industry experience required
- Knowledge of analytical tools, business intelligence tools, and statistical packages a plus
- Experience with data management preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with diverse participants
- Ability to effectively work on a team.
- Individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career ladder; works under direct supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proven application of knowledge within a specific discipline(s).
- Completes tasks and portions of larger projects, identifying internal resources to build project team capabilities.
- May function in a cross-team environment.
- Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Maintains a level of exposure to external industry and market technical intelligence.
- Performs and coordinates simple to complex projects with minimal direction.
- Optimizes internal resources to maximize team capabilities.
- Leads peers to resolve complex issues consistent with divisional/organizational goals.
- Serve as technical resource for discipline in cross-functional teams.
- Effectively communicates specific IT issues/solutions to clients.
- Review, understand and document the current operational processes and data sources to establish support for current and future reporting requirements.
- Help customers organize their thoughts around their information needs. Bridge the gap (if any) between client business needs and their data/information requests.
- Capture and document project scope and requirements.
- Develop design document for data mapping and data transformation processes.
- Develop metadata for structures in the data warehouse.
- Identify and enforce data standards to ensure consistent and maintainable structures in the data warehouse.
- Perform source system analysis and data profiling.
- Analyze data in source systems to assess data quality and make recommendations for addressing concerns to the Data Governance Board.
- Work with Data Modelers and ETL Developers to develop logical data model(s) and introduce structures for the data warehouse
- Create SQL as needed for projects to work with data already in the Data Warehouse
- Develop analytical and/or operational reports (ex: WebiReports, Crystal Reports) based on customer requirements.
- Consult with customers to assist with SQL and data concerns.
- Communicate and document status/knowledge/issues with customers, other members of the implementation teams (including other functional areas) and project manager.
- Support customers in providing custom data extracts.