Core Operations Network Analyst
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Core Operations Network Analyst
A Network Analyst within Production Support Team is responsible for the implementation, configuration, testing and support of the enterprise routing, switching, firewall, VPN (IPSEC and SSL), and WAN infrastructure. The Network Analyst will work within the Core Operations team to ensure availability and service delivery for all remote facilities, including the management of all telecommunications circuits. A key objective is to configure, optimize, document, support, provide reporting metrics, and develop procedures to support the network infrastructure via efficient troubleshooting with various tools, processes, and technologies.
Working hours for this position are include the following shifts:
- Participate in an operational shift using Service Now tickets, e-mail and phone support to respond professionally and courteously to our customer base to quickly resolve all networking (and related) issues in a collaborative manner with both cross-functional SMEs and customers.
- Implement, configure, maintain and report on the telecommunication services supporting the MAN and WAN. The candidate must have production experience in the entire lifecycle of enterprise firewalls/VPN and telecommunications circuit management.
- Maintain data, voice and wireless network hardware and systems; investigate and resolve network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyze, isolate and resolve errors; assess and update older network infrastructure and circuits as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provide technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommend and implement an approved course of action.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant with security policies and standards regarding protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Research and remediate generic and system-specific vulnerabilities. • Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum of 3 years functional and operational experience in the areas of:
- Cisco Nexus 2k,5k,7k switches
- Cisco 3xxx, 65xx, 45xx switches
- OSI model, QoS, MPLS, iBGP, eBGP OSPF, EIGRP, VLANs, VRF, unified wireless, VoIP, IPSEC/SSL VPN, DNS/DHCP, DMVPN, VPC, Fabricpath, HSRP, VPC
- Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, Panorama
- Quality of Service (QOS), telecommunication circuits, MPLS, OSPF and wireless technologies.
- Hands on experience setting up IP networks to guarantee highly available and robust networking.
- Knowledge of network security technologies (Firewalls, VPN concentrators, IPS, logging & ACLs)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a diverse group of professionals
- Experience preferred: Specific experience in large campus/healthcare Cisco networks, supporting/designing/implementing IP solutions. Healthcare provider and patient care/clinical applications/systems experience Special competencies/credentials required:
- Requires North Carolina valid driver's license
- Requires Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with team members, other technical staff, customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills Relevant Network
- Experience with VmWare, Citrix and other Virtualized environments
- Relevant Cisco Certifications (CCNA/CCIE,CCNP)