Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The software quality assurance analyst will be responsible for all aspects of functional and performance testing for web based applications. The successful candidate will work with project team staff to define, develop and execute test plans and test cases.
Specific Duties will include:
- Creating and documenting test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Preparing and validating test data based on business rules using SQL queries.
- Executing test cases and documenting test results.
- Developing test cases from use cases and working with BA to resolve questions
- Daily usage of the following tools: SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA
- May be required to be available for stand by duty and, if necessary, overtime hours to resolve critical system problems and/or perform production system maintenance as well as to respond to emergencies.
- 3+ years of experience as a software quality assurance specialist.
- Experience testing databases and creating SQL queries.
- Testing experience in different web browsers on various operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a strong testing aptitude. Be able to re-produce reported potential system bugs by end users and create defect items for confirmed bugs..
- Experience in validating data in enterprise data warehouses from source to target.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance practices and project life cycle experience in a structured development methodology.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills.
- Ability to pass background check process
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Experience related to educational standards, curriculum frameworks and teaching applications would be a plus.