Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Working under the direction of the Principal Data Architect, this position will participate in the design, architecture, security, development, and performance tuning of an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
The primary focus of this role will be ETL development using Informatica. Collaborate with the Data Architect, the Data Modeler, Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Developers, and another ETL Developer to build robust, high performance ETL processes.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
2. 5 years of SQL Development experience - SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc…
3. 2 years of Informatica development experience
4. SQL performance tuning expertise
5. Able to navigate unfamiliar data models of all types and to develop methods for reliably and accurately extracting data from them.
6. A solid understanding of Ralph Kimball Data Warehouse design methodologies.
Nice to Haves:
1. SQL Server DBA skills.
2. Windows Sysadmin skills
3. Higher education experience
1. Willingness to follow established development standards.
2. Able to collaborate well with peers in a team environment.
3. Good organization skills
4. A concern for accuracy, details and quality
5. Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment cross-organizationally with and without direct supervision.
6. Ability to learn new technologies
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
9. Highly self-motivated and self-directed.