Windows Support - Tier 3
Location: Boston , Massachusetts
The Systems Operator will assist in the monitoring and management of the Windows infrastructurel. The server infrastructure is a critical resource for the college; the Systems Operator ensures that the performance and availability of the systems infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards. The position will require an independently minded individual to apply his/her skills.
- Manage and monitor the helpdesk queue.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic support desk tickets
- Monitor and perform routine operations for Windows systems.
- Administer enterprise level patching process and system if applicable.
- Monitor call-tracking system: Investigate and resolve trouble tickets
- Must have the ability to manage demands with frequent changes or delays and to work in team environment.
- Assure consistency with the day-to-day support of the server infrastructure.
- Collaborate with staff, faculty and students on the delivery of solutions that meet their needs while ensuring that security risk is minimized
- Maintain systems and parts inventory.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum Level of Experience Required 2-4 year’s relevant industry experience required.
Additional Required Skills and Abilities:
- Operating Systems
- In Depth knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Core Server Technologies
- Helpdesk Tools (ServiceNow)
- Windows Server System
- Active Directory (including LDAP)
- Server Virtualization (VMware)
- SCOM Monitoring Platform
- Backup Systems Administration
- General Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Patch management and administration.
- Demonstrated ability with test methodologies and environments
- Experience working with end users (technical and non-technical) in defining requirements. Ability to communicate with diverse customer communities
- Ability to excel with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Detail and Task oriented
- Strong formal (written) and informal (verbal) communication skills.
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, task, projects and demands.
Tier 3 HelpDesk Support Windows Systems Patching Systems Monitoring Windows Server Troubleshooting O365 Support