Location: Des Moines, Iowa
The purpose of the FACS Replacement/ CCWIS Solution project is to enhance the system that serves our clients and will meet the new CCWIS guidelines. The new system will have the ability to track child welfare cases from initiation to completion, support identified data requirements (AFCARS, NYTD, NCANDS and other data requests) as well as have the ability to issue and allocate funding/payments (IV-E, IV-B, and SSI) to the state and federal government. The application will be primarily used by Social Workers, however, it may have interfaces with third parties (Court, Provider, foster care family/home, Medicals, Education and those that may be identified later) or may be integrated into third party applications. The new application will be built in modules as stipulated by the new CCWIS guidelines. Our objective is for the application to be seamless, prevent data duplication and can be integrated into other similar business application modules as needed.
This position will be a technology strategist, change agent and innovator. This role design establishes and owns enterprise architecture and technology roadmaps to bring relevant, new technology to the agency and which will create and drive standard, reusable and consistent approach to enterprise IT processes.
This role will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that data technology decisions and blueprints align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework and will work with other enterprise and solution architects to ensure alignment to meet agency goals.
This position will:
• The solution architect will be reasonable in developing a transition strategy from FACS environment to a newly defined solution. (including User Experience, authoring, information, application, mobility, analytics, virtualization & infrastructure architecture)
• Recommend which contemporary technologies will drive business value & plans to leverage across the organization for the critical business models
• Drive technology maturation/readiness and leverage into IT investments
• Partners closely with Core IT applications, platforms and services, and State Business Groups IT teams as well as the connected Enterprise groups.
• Partners with IT Leaders on business case development with careful consideration of migrating from current or legacy solutions and approaches
• Introduces reusable design components and recommends fit
+The successful candidate will possess extensive experience as it relates to:
• Proven strategic planning experience dealing with large systems –maintain a real perspective on what a multi-billion-dollar organizations with systems in tune of $50M to $200M annually need to have documented and operating correctly.
• Profound knowledge on tradition infrastructure platforms (Hosting, Network, Data Center) but also current state architectures such as Cloud (Public, Private, and Hybrid), Containers and Software Defined Data Centers.
• A current-day future focused IT thinker who can drill down to identify and define problems and issues, with the leadership experience to charter a course to meet current and future demands.
• Demonstrated architectural experience with multiple technical disciples, including storage, network, compute, voice, video and application development, across lines of business or entire enterprise domains.
• Ability to understand customer needs, negotiate complex issues to reach winning business strategies and architectural solutions.
• Experience building core platforms and reusable building blocks that meet a wide range of customer-facing solutions.