Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to work in our Waltham, MA office.
The DevOps Engineer assists with projects and applications focusing on the modernization and management, processes and tools. S/he is involved in all aspects of the development cycle including software development and deployment workflows such as build and test automation, configuration management, application deployment, and security.
(This is a great opportunity to expand your skills and experience building and supporting modern cloud-based solutions.)
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures, and deploy and troubleshoot complex cloud solutions.
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for application environments.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Act as key technical resource to developers, DevOps and QA engineers, and others in simplifying and automating applications, as well as making them more efficient.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud stack, remaining current with new service and tool offerings and best practices.
- As a member of one or more Agile teams, work closely with Development and QA staff members to help ensure end-to-end quality. Work closely with the development teams to provide high quality, highly available and dynamic solutions.
- Evangelize scalable operational practices and play an active role automating and enforcing the same.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Exercise responsibility for delivering highly available platforms for deploying and testing our complex multi-tier applications.
- Utilize working experience with Node.js or other platforms in building micro-services for rapid prototyping and deployment.
- Develop release plans and service level agreements, and foster the migration of legacy applications to modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Own production incidents/issues, and provide application support during and – on occasion – outside of normal business hours, responding to infrastructure incidents and alerts and escalating to other subject matter experts as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 6+ years of professional technical experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (Amazon Linux), and Windows systems knowledge a plus.
- Experience managing Amazon Web Services (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, ELB, ASG, etc.) is a plus, as are solid understanding of the different services AWS provides and AWS Certification.
- Experience with container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven or Gradle).
- Strong professional experience automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using Ansible, CloudFormation, OpsWorks or other equivalents.
- Understanding of AWS VPC, network management, and datacenter operations.
- Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Layer 3 and Layer 7 load balancing, etc.).
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools, such as Splunk and Dynatrace.
- Strong scripting experience in one of the following; Python (preferred), PowerShell, Ruby, Bash
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices is required.