Return To Job List
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Network Engineer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Sr Systems Administrator
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and supports Server hardware, operating systems, and management applications.
- Log issues in our tracking system and coordinate problem resolution with other working groups; and ensure that appropriate communication, hand-off, and follow-through occur.
- Primarily responsible for providing efficient and effective problem identification and resolution for end users, including answering questions, providing advice, troubleshooting, and assisting customers in solving technology related problems.
- Technical lead for Security compliance tasks. Work with IT Security team to identify and resolve compliance tasks for server environment.
- Has drive and passion for excellent customer service and continuous quality improvements.
DETAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Looking for high level skillsets as a senior systems administrator familiar with: VMWARE, Windows servers, clustering, PCI compliance. AD Management and best practices.
- Administration of SCOM monitoring environment.
- Administration of SCCM patching environment.
- Administration of AD environment (users, groups, OU’s and best practices for security)
- Performs system updates, upgrades, and maintenance per server schedules.
- Supports other IT project leads and team members in the support, testing, and training of the user base..
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Adheres to all security standards and directives.
- Windows Server operating systems 2012 and 2016. VMware
- Server hardware troubleshooting, repair, and configuration
- Business Knowledge- Individual should have a working knowledge of Windows server environment. Ability to be resourceful and innovative to quickly and creatively adapt to the changing landscape in Information Technology.
- Executes and Results-Driven—Sets and conveys clear goals and monitors progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
- Attention to Detail—A concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and standards.
- Collaboration and Teamwork—Creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others' strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Flexible Hours—Flexibility in hours once on-call and support coverage schedules are worked out with the team. Applicant must be willing to work non-standard hours to support delivery of time-critical project deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON THE JOB
- Windows Server 2012, 2016—clustering, virtualization, and systems management.
- Server Virtualization—Manage and maintain MassDOT virtual environment.
- Security: familiarity with Windows security initiatives: patching and compliance.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Five years’ experience in Information Technology is required.
- Strong knowledge of system best practices and methodologies.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Above average troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of personalities and skillsets, and improve the quality of IT processes, services and products
- Excellent organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.