Location: Boston, Massachusetts
GIS Developer / Project Manager / Business Process Analyst
The selected applicant will serve as part of a team of geographic information system (GIS) specialists who create or maintain spatial databases, perform related computer programming activities, create or update maps, perform spatial analyses and process data requests.
Writing samples should also be provided.
Other duties include: Gathering complete business requirements and gaining business approval before proceeding with solutions, maintaining a list of backlog requests, assisting in the prioritization of the backlog and planning of work streams.
Candidates should possess a strong background of working with ArcGIS for Server creating map services, as well as a working knowledge of publishing GIS maps for public use and consumption.
Candidates should have strong written and oral communications skills, combined with the ability to work effectively with others in establishing cooperative relationships, and in a variety of settings (individuals, groups, inter- and intra-agency, etc.).
Experience in hydrologic modelling, scripting with Python (Jupiter Notebooks), data mining, climate modelling and scenario building, interdisciplinary data handling and management, remote sensed data (Lidar, etc.), and flood hydrology.
An understanding of civil engineering concepts and spatial/statistical methods for data analysis is highly desired.
A familiarity with agile project management methodologies and the principles and practices of transportation planning is preferred.
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1* (ArcMap and ArcCatalog)
- ESRI ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Extension
- ESRI ArcGIS 3D Analyst Extension
- ESRI Arc Hydro Tools for ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.3
- Experience managing ESRI Services is a cloud environment
- Knowledge of user-friendly Python IDE’s such as PyScripter (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyscripter/) in which to view, edit, and run Python scripts.
- ET GeoWizards licensed version 11.3 for ArcGIS 10.3
- ArcGIS Enterprise platform application and database management
- SQL Server database administration