Technical Systems Administrator
Location: Portsmouth, NH
The client is expanding its worldwide Technical Operations Team and we are looking to hire a hands-on, technically motivated Technical Systems Administrator based in or near to our offices in Portsmouth New Hampshire to help run the company’s technical operational infrastructure and services.
The scope of this role includes working with some of the latest tech stack available for maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and services based on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 and Windows operating systems within AWS EC2 and services to help maintain increasingly automated, highly available and scalable solutions that customers rely on.
You will have demonstrable experience with installing and maintaining enterprise software on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 and Windows Server OS distributions running within virtual environments. Specifically, demonstrable experience working with performing software installation/upgrades, proactive monitoring, firewall administration, volume management, OS patch management, network/server connectivity troubleshooting, log file analysis and backups.
· Maintain and provide full technical administrative support for Linux (AWS Linux/Centos7/Red Hat based) and Windows operating systems.
· Monitor servers for reliability, stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent runtime issues.
· Provide Loftware Support and Engineering representatives with technical support and guidance.
· Assist implementation project teams in providing technical systems configuration and set up services.
· Install, configure, and maintain system services such as Tomcat, Oracle and PostgreSQL across hundreds of servers.
· Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
· Maintain and support backup processes for all servers
· Provide out of hours, rota-based support for production, customer-facing systems
- 3+ years experience in enterprise technical systems administration with similar duties. Mandatory
- Excellent English skills - written and verbal.
- Advanced working experience of the Linux operating system - particularly Centos 7 and its derivitives. Mandatory
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with networking and enterprise systems fault analysis. Mandatory
- Working experience of bash, python, powershell and other suitable shell scripting.
- Good networking skills including subnetting, CIDR addressing and VPN.
- Working experience of Windows Server 2012 R2 – disk maintenance, general concepts/troubleshooting.
- Use of automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Cloudformation
- Ability to work under pressure, both in teams and remotely in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures.
- Experience working within SOC2 Cloud environments/processes