Sr. Application Scientist
Location: San Jose, California
Sr. Application Scientist (Temp)
When you join us you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
The Senior Application Scientist will be responsible for application development to support strategic growth in the clinical research and toxicology sector in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. The position will require frequent interaction with various groups within the company, including Product Marketing, R&D, product support, commercial teams, demo labs, as well as our customers. This position will be reporting to the Manager, Vertical Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop mass spectrometry based (LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP-MS, etc) methods/workflow on small molecules, proteins and peptides for clinical research or toxicology applications.
• Design and execute experiments to support New Product Introduction
• Support collaborations with key opinion leaders from application perspective and leverage data/results from such collaborations for marketing collateral
• Publish technical/application notes, posters, peer-reviewed articles and various marketing collateral
• Train sales and/or customers on our workflow and deliver key product propositioning information
• Interact with the global commercial teams to support pre- and post- sales requirements
How will you get here?
• MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline)
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on liquid chromatography or mass spectrometry experience and expertise in small and/or large molecules method and applications development
• Experience in Proteomics and/or metabolomics is preferred.
• Strong domain knowledge of the clinical research and toxicology analytical industries is preferred.
• High comfort level of interacting, discussing, and presenting to internal/external customers