Business Systems Analyst
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Learning Technologies Administrator
- Supports IT development projects or operations by performing system configuration, development of technical documentation and presentation materials.
- Engages in user outreach, issues management, research, peer and best practices benchmarking, user provisioning, and end user training.
- Provides Tier One and Tier Two production support, including customer communication, troubleshooting, researching and recommending resolution options, following standard procedures and processes according to established service levels.
- Interviews key stakeholders and end users to analyze business processes and systems needs. Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Captures use cases, user stories and conceptual process models.
- Meets with customers to field direct requests, discuss requirements and collaborate on solution design including business process and policy related matters where applicable.
- Works with the technical team to make sure that requirements are well understood as part of the software development lifecycle e.g., requirements review, turnover, signoff.
- Develop test scripts and executes testing to ensure new products, enhancements, bug fixes, and patches function as expected and without introducing regression issues.
- Provide functional support during project release go lives, which may include occasional evening or weekend work.
- Assist with general administration, special projects, and performs other related job duties as needed.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate keen problem solving troubleshooting ability, business systems savvy, and attention to detail.
As part of Service Management and Technology Services (SMTS), the Learning Technologies (LT) Administrator participates in the operation and maintenance of scholarly systems in support of HBS’s academic mission. The LT Administrator is responsible for and provides technical leadership in support of the School’s learning technologies. This position is responsible for the operational support and maintenance of resources used for instructional services. The LT Administrator works closely with project teams and oversees regular system updates and upgrades. This position requires flexible shifts ranging from 10am-6pm to 12pm to 8pm, Monday-Friday.
- Answers all tier II support requests for learning technologies;
- Escalates support requests to both HBS software development teams and third-party vendors, as required, and manages them to resolution;
- Engages with project teams to provide subject matter expertise, assist in development of user stories in alignment with customer use cases and service strategy, and acts as the voice of the customer;
- Manages a backlog of feature requests and defects through regular backlog grooming of applications in the service portfolio;
- Creates, maintains and executes a schedule of configuration changes, validation tasks and maintenance tasks to ensure seamless delivery of HBS academic programs;
- Works within the School’s existing infrastructure to assist in development, testing, and implementing of upgrades;
- Develops and maintains up-to-date documentation for the portfolio;
- Has deep knowledge of current industry trends, staying abreast of changes as they occur in order to provide leadership in that arena for the School;
- Develops strong relationships with faculty, students, support staff, instructional designers, and technical staff to ensure the effective use of tools to enhance learning;
- Participates in the evaluation of other instructional technology tools that might be used to supplement the current environment and;
- As a member of SMTS, s/he may also be tasked with other job responsibilities and projects as needed.
Required Education and Skills:
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience as an application administrator or end of the line support; experience with custom-built products preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of product management and development principles, as well as the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- 1-2 years experience with Zoom platform administration
- 1-2 years experience with Panopto or Kaltura platform administration
- 1-2 years experience with Agile software development, Java web applications, Oracle 12, and Informatica.
- 1-2 years experience with platform administration, instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories.
- Experience with other instructional technologies such as Qualtrics, and collaboration tools
- Additional Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, management information systems, computer engineering, or a similar degree with equivalent related work experience.
- Recent experience with the administration of Zoom, Kaltura, Canvas, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: adaptable, flexible; uses grace and tact under pressure; unflappable when confronting challenges; resilient; positive outlook and "can do" attitude; respectful and approachable style.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively with faculty and staff with varying degrees