Project Manager – Junior
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
The Project Coordinator /Jr Project Manager works with internal and/or external stakeholders to organize components of the project. Duties include day-to-day coordination of schedules and activities, tracking progress, and reporting results. Assist in management of multiple project schedules and ensure project progress from conception to completion including change and scope management. Work with team members to ensure completion of all release objectives, communication of risks, deliverables and program level activities. Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are documented and uploaded to appropriate repositories.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with team members, senior leadership, vendors and stakeholders
- Learning and understanding the larger picture of the various units and organizations involved in the project and the extent of their interests as our Business Partners.
- Provide support to the Director
- Schedule meetings and coordinate conference calls
- Take and maintain minutes of meetings
- Assist in tracking and following-up on tasks and deliverables
- Perform administrative tasks related to the preparation and submission of expenditure requests and invoices
- Manage small, low-complexity projects as assigned:
- Work with staff as needed to identify Stakeholders and identify and assign resources
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding project needs and goals
- Develop and maintain and monitor project plans and project schedules
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder and project team meetings
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Document and follow-up on decisions and action items; log and track project risks and issues.
- Document meeting minutes
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Other associated tasks
- Prepare and design presentation ready reports utilizing desktop publishing software; to include graphics, word processing and spreadsheet files in professional reports for presentation.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare project reports and documents; including the use of running queries and summarizing information into consolidated charts and graphs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with and understanding of prevailing project management methods
- 2-5 years of work experience in a similar role, preferably in a public-sector or IT setting. Recent college graduates may count relevant internship or work-study experience toward this requirement.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative and mature judgement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to respond proactively to requests and ensure they are completed timely, of high quality and reflect the stakeholder’s unique need.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- A highly collaborative, team-based approach, but with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio as well as SharePoint
- Proficient in web conferencing/collaboration applications and tools, specifically Cisco Webex and Microsoft Teams
Additionally, to be successful in this role a candidate must have patience, be highly flexible and adaptable, and have a very good sense of humor.