Financial Systems Analyst
Location: West Hills, California
Financial Systems Analyst
12+ month contract
Shift: M-F, 8/9 am - 5/6pm
West Hills, CA
Remote Capability: Remote to start but will need to be local as they will be expected to go into the office
At the Thermo Fisher Transplant Diagnostics business we are seeking a knowledgeable and dynamic Financial Systems Analyst to join our team in West Hills, CA.
At TDX, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, your work is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
As a Financial Systems Analyst, you will be part of Accounting/Finance team that maintains high-level data integrity, provide senior level management with insightful business recommendations, plan and report support, and will partner closely with several senior business leaders. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to help the division achieve strong, profitable growth and meet financial commitments. The role involves working with large and complex data to identify trends, be a key partner in cost-saving projects (PPI) and help make profitable decisions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Enhance existing forecasting models. Be a key business partner to the business operations leaders to meet financial goals.
- Analyze metrics, trends, performance analysis and bring insights to division leadership team
- Help lead, track and trend gross margin/profit on projects analytics. Provide detailed explanations for margin variances to forecast
- You will work directly with Directors and Managers to monitor the impact of program initiatives, PPI project and identify emerging trends in behavior
- Communicate findings and strategic recommendations through dashboard and structured analysis
- Develop spend and program analytical expertise to be a strategic thought partner to teams
- Help design, develop and utilize new dashboards to proactively manage key indicators including expense trends, revenue mix, margins, profitability, COGS.
- Be proactive and strong in problem solving, trouble shooting, root cause analysis – Identify and understand a problem before trying to solve it
- Run ad hoc analyses to answer pressing questions
- You have a strong attention to detail with an ability to work well with others
- Proven ability to thrive and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment.
About the job
TDX analysts are a savvy bunch who handle the core finance responsibilities. As a member of this team, you know your basic accounting and finance principles. You'll help prepare, analyze, and interpret financial data sets and develop insightful reports to help drive senior leadership decisions. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands-on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Transplant Diagnostics Division business objectives.
Skills that will help you excel:
- Advanced knowledge of excel.
- Strong analytical or financial modeling skills
- Experience with MS SQL Server Query Development– perform database queries and analysis
- Experience with MS SQL Server Business Intelligence & Reporting tools
- Experience with data integration from multiple sources
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience developing Power BI dashboards and reports
- Strong ability to understand, develop and follow requirements
- Ability to validate and verify work before claiming completion
- Prior programming experience a plus. Aptitude and willingness to learn new languages if needed.
- Experience and/or ability to learn and use Cognos, HFM, SAP or similar tools
- Comfortable with large, complex data and presenting findings to senior management
- Knowledge of standard finance systems (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion, CMR, SAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- 3 years of work experience in Finance or Accounting, with a solid understanding of financial reporting and analysis
- Strong analysis and analytical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of systems and processes – ability to learn, create and document
- Experience with data validation and exception reporting
- Strong skill set in MS Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Individual must be professional and able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization while consistently delivering accurate work products and managing multiple deadlines