Business Systems Analyst
Location: boston, MA
Marketing Technology Analyst
Harvard Business School
6+ month contract
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing, the Marketing Technology Analyst is a power user of Salesforce Marketing Cloud that is utilized to drive enrollment and communication for a portfolio of more than 60 Executive Education programs offered in Boston, China, India, the UAE, and virtually.
As an integral part of the digital marketing team, this individual will focus on leveraging marketing technology to optimize lead acquisition and lead nurturing with a goal of generating qualified applications for our Executive Education programs. The position requires close collaboration and effective communication with marketing, IT, and sales colleagues.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Executive Education programs are currently being delivered fully remote through the end of the calendar year. Please note during the current period of Covid-19 related restrictions, this position may start as a remote position, with transition to onsite when the office reopens.
- Enhance the customer journey through personalized communications, landing pages, and digital experiences that are cohesive in design and tone
- Guide the refinement and evolution of lead acquisition strategy in partnership with key Marketing & Sales team members, media agency, and IT
- Create system workflows to optimize marketing processes including design, execution, and QA with the use of Marketing Cloud Journey Builder
- Establish KPIs, set up tagging/tracking, monitor performance, implement tests, and make data-driven optimization recommendations
- End-to-end email campaign development, with support from Digital Marketing Coordinator: editorial planning, HTML creation, testing, data segmentation, deployment, and performance analysis
- Partner with stakeholders and 3rd party vendors to develop content for email campaigns
- Stay current and well-versed in data privacy laws, such as CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR, and partner with IT and General Counsel to ensure compliance when required
- The Marketing Technology Analyst is expected to continually improve his/her knowledge of tools, data, the business, and best practices
- Understanding of core functions of Marketing Technology Analyst colleague’s role for coverage during vacations and other absences
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience/Skills
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, data science, or a related field and at least four years of relevant technology-driven marketing experience. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel along with experience with Salesforce and marketing automation software is necessary. Strong HTML, SQL, and Photoshop skills are required.
Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and project management skills are a must.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple ongoing projects
Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS are strengthened profoundly by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more.