Sr. Business/Data Analyst
Location: Carlsbad, California
Business Data Analyst II
Carlsbad, CA (remote)
3+ month contract
Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a Sr. Business Analyst, motivated data expert with experience in Data Architect, Data Engineer and visualization tool Power BI. Position will be located in Carlsbad, CA.
The Sr. Business Analyst will support the business intelligence strategy and related initiatives that deliver comprehensive, actionable data reporting and analysis for Global Support and Services (GSS) organization to evaluate key performance metrics and correlate current or future actions aimed to improve top/bottom line results. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Analytics and working within a highly matrixed organization, this position will be part of a global team of Business Analysts that contribute to the overall growth of the GSS organization within the Life Sciences Solutions Group.
Are you someone who is Analytical, critical and strategic thinker?
As the Senior Analyst, your strategic responsibilities will include building and expanding key foundational capabilities including data quality, data architecture and data insights. Operational responsibilities include sustaining and continuously improving key service reporting for business
Performance management, improvement and decision making.
- Data enablement: data quality, architecture, visualization
- Unleash the power of data in some of the areas highlighted below in support of the organizational strategy and vision:
- Service delivery – Remote and on-site service delivery KPI’s
- Marketing – revenue generating and new service opportunities
- Sales – Instrument Contract Capture Rate, lead generation
- Instrument Health program – install base, service history
- Field Service – Field operational and utilization metrics
- Finance – operational performance correlation to financial outcomes
- Acquire data from primary (SAP, Sales Force, Cloud for Service) or secondary data sources (Business Object, Cognos) and maintain data sets as well as automate collection process
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets and build KPI and routine business reporting
- Build, maintain and continuously improve business visualization dashboards
- Support data and analytical requirements for business projects and work streams
- Prioritize and support Ad hoc analysis to answer business questions as they arise
- Partner with field and technical services leaders to understand trends, root cause, countermeasures and improvement
- Proactively identify business improvement and innovation opportunities through data and analyses (Improved Customer Experience, Productivity, Growth)
- Execute Customer Allegiance survey deployment, reporting, analyses and insights
- Support preparing Monthly and Quarterly business review material
- Support Field Leads Incentive Program using Lotus Notes
Leadership and people management responsibilities:
- Drive strong communication, partnerships and stakeholder management with senior leaders, front line managers and supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related areas.
- 7+ years of experience in a business intelligence or analytics role focused on gathering, reporting and interpreting key operational or financial performance indicators, ideally for life science products and services.
- Must have 5 plus years’ experience with Power BI, DAX functions, Power Automate, Power Apps and its advance features for building automated dashboard and eye-catching data visualization
- Must have experience building report in Cognos and Business Objects
- Must have the knowledge of logical and physical data model and ability to develop Data Model in Power BI using various data sources (e.g. SAP, Sales Force, Cloud for Service)
- Experience with advance Excel features to merge data and do ad-hoc analysis
- Expert knowledge of SQL, including writing and optimizing queries in multiple dialects
- Experience writing in a scripting language such as Python
- Ability to understand, tackle, and solve problems from both technical and business perspectives
- Experience effectively presenting insights and summarizing complex data to diverse audiences through visualizations and other means
- Experience working with and delivering to stakeholders from multiple parts of the company
- Experience in Life Science and or Service organization preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills plus demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- High energy level with ability to embrace and model the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4i values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement