Program Manager - New Product Development (Remote)
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Program Manager - New Product Development (Remote)
Under minimal supervision, has the responsibility for supporting the delivery and execution Tolmar Product Development Programs, unique strategic projects, and PMO functional excellence initiatives. Areas of responsibility of this role will include working cross-functionally to ensure the execution of large-scale product development programs, while identifying/managing risk proactively, remaining on track financially, scope is managed, and quality is delivered. This role will be responsible for identifying and managing cross-project dependencies, critical items, risks, and issues. They will communicate at all levels of the organization and be responsible for recognizing and engaging key stakeholders quickly and early in the process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Communication & Leadership
- Maintains motivated, high performing multi-disciplinary Project Teams in a matrix environment, and functions as a project advocate.
- Cultivates teamwork through leadership and identifies and escalates knowledge or skill gaps on project teams where needed.
- Has the ability to communicate and influence leadership on complex concepts, anticipates potential objections, and can support the adoption of a different point of view.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, business partners, resource managers, and senior leadership.
- Participate in meetings with Marketing Partners as needed, assist in producing presentations and discussion tools, and producing minutes. Interact with Marketing Partners on situational basis as needed.
- Ability to lead and train teams in new process deployment, organizing, prioritizing, developing, and coaching.
- May lead other Project Managers.
- Successfully manage large and complex programs, and potentially, multiple projects/workstreams; understand and be able to communicate interdependencies and conflicts between projects.
- Responsible and critically aware of project milestones and on time completion of the deliverables.
- Drives transparency of program workloads, finances, commitments, and expectations.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving, with the assistance of management, conflict, prioritization, scheduling resources. Requests additional help and resources to support and maintain project timeline.
- Responsible for identifying potential risks and issues in meeting project timelines, and work with team for effective mitigation and resolution.
- Drives/Supports functions with the preparation of business cases, plans, budgets and artifacts necessary to comply with the Portfolio Management/New Product Development Processes, along with supporting the overall program objectives.
- Coordinates management and technical decision-making; scheduling with PMO/governance project go/no go decision meetings at agreed upon milestones.
- Leads and collaborates with the Department Head of Finance and the functional group heads during the budget cycle so that R&D project budgets are completed. Monitor project budgets going forward and revise project forecasts, where applicable, and inform Finance of changes.
- Develop and maintain detailed Microsoft Project timelines for each development project for review at Team Meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate project specific team meetings as appropriate/required. Write, distribute, and maintain team meeting agendas and minutes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of cGMP, GLP, Design Controls (QSRs, ISO, MDRs) and QA/QC principles and practices.
- Requires specialized depth and breadth of expertise in industry, Program Management, and business acumen.
- Solves complex problems with broad business impact.
- Expert knowledge of project management techniques (CPM, Gantt, PERT, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of product development.
- Excellent skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to develop program strategies, integrated program & project plans, budgets and timelines, and tracking/reporting it to corporate management.
- Ability to work with project & portfolio management software, MS Project, SharePoint, Power BI, and spreadsheet data sources.
- The Program Manager is expected to operate within the framework of Tolmar’s Core Values:
- Consistently operate with the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Take ownership of your actions, success, and setbacks.
- Respect each other and understand that honest collaboration is at the heart of our company success.
- Go the extra mile to make things happen.
- Be committed to all we do and the patients we serve.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm.
- Strive to learn about and understand the needs of customers and patients, and take action with great speed and efficiency no matter the task.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific discipline required. Master’s preferred.
- Eight or more years Project Management experience in the Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.