Senior AWS Desktop Virtualization Engineer
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts
Title: Senior AWS Desktop Virtualization Engineer
Reporting to the Director, Cloud Infrastructure, the Senior AWS Desktop Virtualization Engineer will be responsible for implementing and managing Moderna’s AWS desktop virtualization services. As a member of a small team in a fast-paced environment, this role will require both strong intellectual agility and hands-on technical skill.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Drive the implementation and ongoing support for our AWS application (Appstream) and desktop (Workspaces) virtualization environments
- Ensure operational excellence in VDI operations through automation, orchestration and process development
- Continually evaluate service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance, reliability, security, capacity and cost
- Interface with application teams on the deployment of new VDI capabilities
- Develop internal documentation and create standardized runbooks for all VDI operations
- Understand and adhere to Moderna’s operational processes following an ITIL framework to ensure auditability and compliance with industry standards (SOX, GMP, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.)
- Participate in disaster recovery exercise planning and execution
- Communicate regularly with technical and non-technical staff
- Provide 24x7 support as needed for emergency situations and planned maintenance activities
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- 10+ years of experience as an IT Systems Engineer
- Practical hands on experience deploying and managing AWS Workspaces and Appstream
- Extensive experience designing and deploying virtualization solutions such as AWS Workspaces/Appstream , VMware Horizon, Citrix Workspace, or Azure WVD
- Working knowledge of VDI integrations with packaging and software deployment tools
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- General networking knowledge
- Experience working in GxP environment.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / IT or related fields.