Location: South San Francisco, California
3 Months ** Temp role to fill in for someone who will be on leave. ***
South San Francisco, California
By leading collaborative cross-functional teams to define and deliver commitments: demonstrating feasibility for new technologies, commercializing new products, or improving on-market products, all using our stage-gate or iterative processes to deliver to the agreed scope, schedule, and budget, while managing execution, risks, trade-offs, expectations, and communications.
What will you do?
- You’ll lead programs and projects, negotiating trade-offs, determining and committing to the right scope, schedule, and budget to deliver winning business results.
- You’ll drive and track all day-to-day project work, making sure that problems are rapidly identified and resolved, applying state-of-the-art project management tools and techniques to deliver on commitments and in some instances adhere to specific regulatory requirements.
- You’ll lead project communications and phase approval reviews, providing clear and concise written and verbal communication to all levels of the project team and stakeholders, and tailoring style to a broad range of audiences and situations.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Life Science required; PMP certification, advanced leadership training, MS, MBA or Ph.D. preferred.
- 11+ years of life science or medical device product development and 6+ years technical project management experience required; experience with genetic analysis technologies and in-vitro diagnostics preferred.
- Fluent in English.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Intrinsically motivated, accountable, and committed to professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; exceptional relationship builder.
- Effective at influencing and leading without direct authority.
- Ability to lead and drive complex decisions and solve problems.
- Strong product development technical and business expertise.