Location: Portsmouth, NH
OPS Cloud Operations Engineer
Loftware is the global market leader in Enterprise Labeling and Artwork Management solutions with more than 5,000 customers in over 100 countries. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive digital platform, with SaaS, cloud-based and on-premise solutions, Loftware redefines how enterprises create, manage and print complex labeling and packaging artwork and scale across their operations. Loftware solutions integrate with SAP®, Oracle® and other enterprise applications to produce mission-critical barcode labels, documents, RFID smart tags and packaging artwork. Our combined platform – whether for labeling, artwork management or both – enables customers to uniquely meet regulatory mandates, mitigate risk, reduce complexity, ensure traceability, improve time to market and optimize costs as they meet customer-specific, brand, regional and regulatory requirements with unprecedented speed and agility.
Loftware is expanding its worldwide Cloud Operations Team and we are looking for a technically motivated System Engineer with a strong reliability-focused Linux and systems administration background to be based in our global offices or work remotely. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skills in the cloud or to learn from us. The Systems Engineer will be hands-on and involved with building, maintaining and troubleshooting development, QA and production customer environments for worldwide SaaS customers mission-critical application use (in AWS and/or Azure). The Systems Engineer is someone that is a team player with the desire and passion for modern technology to take on large-scale responsibility and interested in the cloud.
The Systems Engineer will work with building and maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and services based on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 OS within AWS EC2 to deliver automated, highly available and scalable solutions that Loftware customers rely on.
You will have experience with administrating the runtime of enterprise software on Linux OS distributions running in virtual environments. Specifically, demonstrable experience administrating and troubleshooting highly available environments, proactive monitoring, security/firewall administration, storage management, patch management, log file analysis and backups.
• Perform installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of high availability enterprise solutions that implement industry standards using Linux systems deployed within AWS EC2.
• Perform proactive hands-on system administration, reliability monitoring, technical efficiency tuning, up-time, alert notifications and automation tasks.
• Design, create and update automation scripts using Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation and Jenkins with a focus on AWS operations and software deployment/configuration.
• Administration of Amazon RDS and standalone databases, using SQL language and DB skills
• Ownership in the diagnosis and issue resolution process, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation where necessary.
• Installation and troubleshooting infrastructure/software runtime solutions using both AWS/Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Perform operating system upgrades, apply patches and service packs as appropriate.
• Identify and raise technical risks.
• Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
• Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Comply with all IT and Information Security policies and procedures; help respond to audit requests.
• On call/Out of Hours emergency action in the event of environment failure.
• 7+ years experience in hands-on enterprise technical systems administration and implementation with similar duties.
• 3+ years experience in implementing enterprise deployments with similar duties.
• Excellent communication skills - written and oral and detail oriented.
• Demonstrable, Linux (Red Hat preferred) and Windows skills - operating system deployment/operational administration and security experience – Linux command line work is mandatory.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills – particularly in an enterprise Java environment involving the deployment and runtime aspect of application servers (specifically Tomcat) and databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
• Experience/awareness of automated DevOps activities, concepts and toolsets a plus
• Good database skills including the use of SQL and associated database management tools.
• Good technical networking skills including subnetting, addressing and Site-To-Site VPN.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures.