Sr System Administrator
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Sr System Administrator
This is a hands-on, deeply technical position responsible for implementing and administering the infrastructure for Loftware’s internal networks and looking after the software stack that lives within it. The scope of this role includes working with some of the latest tech stacks available for building and maintaining reliable infrastructure and services both on premise and cloud to deliver automated, highly available, and scalable solutions that Loftware relies on.
A passion for cloud technology and security best practices are a must. You will have demonstrable experience with mature environments and the latest technology. Specifically, demonstrable experience working with infrastructure (vSphere, AWS, Azure, Cisco), automation environments/DevOps toolsets, proactive monitoring, firewall administration, volume management, patch management, log file analysis, and backups.
- Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems.
- Perform installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of internal business systems that implement industry standards across the enterprise. Those systems may include Office 365, Azure, AWS, Cato Networks, Veeam, VMWare and Cisco.
- Perform proactive system monitoring, technical efficiency tuning, up-time, notifications, and automation tasks.
- Ownership in the diagnosis and issue resolution process, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation where necessary.
- Ownership of infrastructure backup environments, identify and implement improvements as appropriate.
- Installation and troubleshooting infrastructure solutions using Windows operating systems and versions of Linux.
- Perform configuration, administration and maintenance of various VoIP and video conferencing platforms.
- Perform operating system upgrades, apply patches, and service packs as appropriate.
- Assist with company-wide rollout of new technologies and associated project duties.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliance/auditing regulations.
- Demonstrable AWS, Windows and Linux deployment/operational administration and security experience.
- Demonstrable VMWare technology experience.
- Excellent network skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or another related field or equivalent experience.
Location: This position is based in Portsmouth, NH. Remote to start, on site post-COVID