Senior ServiceNow Developer
Location: Chelsea , Massachusetts
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join our ServiceNow team and IT Service Management Office. The Senior ServiceNow Developer will play a key role in maturing the EOTSS ServiceNow platform. In addition to development activities, this individual should have knowledge of the Asset, Software Asset, Configuration and Change Management application as well as the concepts used in custom application development. The Senior ServiceNow Developer will work with key business units to build solutions and processes, provide support and maintenance, continual service improvement, and new capabilities on the ServiceNow platform.
The Incumbent must have extensive knowledge and experience with ServiceNow. The incumbent must have experience configuring core ServiceNow modules including Service Catalog, Asset, SAMP, IRM, Discovery, Service Mapping. The incumbent must also have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Perform daily administration in support of Incidents and Service Request related to create and managing user accounts, group management, bulk uploads of data and other actives.
- Develop and deploy solutions for both ServiceNow and EOTSS custom application based on an established SDLC
- Work with product manager and the ServiceNow architect to maintain an ongoing knowledge of customizations, user pain points and area for improvement
- Constantly seek out and identify inefficiencies, develop a plan and implement solutions focused on automation and ease of use.
- Perform ServiceNow implementation tasks including the deployment of update set, manual data movement, integrations, configurations, etc...
- Maintain the integrity of the ServiceNow tool across production and non-production environments, including the maintenance of mid-servers and integrations.
- Support the onboarding of new agencies and users onto the ServiceNow platform.
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation, including Unit and User Test Plans as well as knowledge documents.
- Participate in the upgrade cycle for ServiceNow, including coordination of clones, upgrades and testing (via use of the Automated Test Framework).
- Support the design of ServiceNow integrations and work with business partners and technical teams on implementation.
- Maintain an understanding of the current ServiceNow ecosystem within EOTSS, including out of box features, custom applications and integrations to support organization initiatives.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the ServiceNow product, version upgrades and enhancements, new features, functions and known issues.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience as a ServiceNow Admin or application owner
- Experience configuring core ServiceNow modules including Service Catalog, Asset, SAMP, IRM, Discovery, Service Mapping.
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow app engine and the process for developing and supporting custom applications
- Hands on experience in Service Catalog/Service Portal modules.
- Experience with Advanced scripting, Performance Analytics, Reporting and other use case areas are highly desirable.
- Experience with Flow designer, Workspaces and UI Designer desirable.
- Ability to draft and document test plans for both a technical and business user audience.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and learn new concepts quickly.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision while delivering results
- Excellent demonstrable written and verbal communications skill
- Experience with Microsoft suite of office products – Excel, Word, Teams etc. is desirable
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and teamwork
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL processes, operations, and procedures.
- Overarching understanding of ServiceNow Enterprise product suite.
- ServiceNow System Admin Certification required
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist a plus
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer a plus
- ITIL Certification is highly desirable
- Onsite work (hybrid) for a percentage of time, currently at 50% on site and 50% remote work is required.