PROJECT MANAGER - SENIOR
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Project Manager for Desktop & Technology Modernization. The Project Manager will work with coordinate EHS-IT cross functional teams, EHS agencies, EOTSS & Vendors to develop and implement win 10 / O365 desktop deployments & operational sustainment strategies. Components include On-boarding / Off-boarding, Desktop Deployment strategy, One Drive for Business, SharePoint, Project Online, Exchange Online, unified communications, Hyper-convergence, Data migrations and infrastructure upgrades. The ideal candidate is proficient in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum. Experience with Theory of Constraints a plus.
Detailed list of duties and responsibilities:
- Working with Business Analysts & Business Owners to clearly define project scope, objectives, deliverables, success criteria and strategic alignment
- Create and maintain relevant project documentation such as project charter/scope, project plans, status reports and operational checklists
- Creation of project work plans (dependency diagrams) & schedules including identification of resource skills necessary to deliver full project scope
- Load and track project work plans & schedules in PMO’s enterprise reporting tool (MS Project Online)
- Manage program scope, schedule, budget and resources to successfully fulfill business and technical requirements with high customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate technical support as needed including but not limited to architectural reviews, compliance reviews and various project artifacts
- Manage project issues and risks to prevent potential barriers to project success; Escalation point for EHS Risk and Issue mitigation/resolution to EOTSS/Microsoft.
- Act as liaison between EHS-IT Operations and other Commonwealth entities, (OSD, EOTSS, EHS Agencies, etc.)
- Serve as single point of contact (SPOC) for project coordination with project Vendors
- Keep track and validate project financials from Statement of Work, Purchase Orders, Invoicing & Payment
- Creation and execution of Transition Plans to ensure smooth transfer of responsibilities from project to ongoing operations
- Review with EHS Information Technology management project schedules and milestone dates
- Interface with technical teams, agency executives and vendors
- Manage project intersections and dependencies with stakeholder groups across EHS Agencies and EOTSS
- Provide presentations as necessary to EHS Information Technology customers, agency staff and management including use of EHS reporting tools to maintain current information
- Ensure deployed solutions are compliant with Enterprise Technology and Security Standards
- Assist with procurement necessary to acquire goods and services to facilitate the project
- Lead project meetings with customer stakeholders and project teams on a regular basis
- Primary point of communication between EHS agencies, IT site managers, image development team, warehouse/bulk imaging vendor and IT Operations for PC refreshes.
- Understand and document end user image requirements; communicate them clearly to the image development team
- Develop image acceptance test plans, validate test plans with business & drive image testing/acceptance process
- Coordinate activities of PC deployments including direct staff, deployment vendor and key user activities in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
- Accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions.
- Responsible for installation and life-cycle maintenance of IT hardware and software (includes PCs, peripherals, servers, networking equipment, operating systems and other software.
- Coordination and documentation of asset removal process including conformance with data security procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned. Preferred Qualifications
- 5-8 years in information technology with at least five years in a project management role
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Strong issue & problem management skills, including root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s entire cloud suite including Office 365, Skype for Business, SharePoint and OneDrive, Project Online. Power BI a plus
- Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training
- Experience creating and implementing plans according to project goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously · Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and ITIL concepts, Theory of Constraints a Plus
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization · Capable of working independently or as part of a large team
- Excellent communication skills; detailed, concise and respectful in written, and verbal communications
- Demonstrated leadership with strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills
- Experience working in a Project Portfolio Management environment
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and release management methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working for State Agencies
- Process redesign experience