Project Manager - Professional Services Group
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Professional Services Group
Our client is seeking a Project Manager who will be is responsible for the successful planning and execution of enterprise SaaS and on-premise software solutions in support of their largest global client implementation initiatives. This role manages the factors that govern project success; the management and delivery of projects within time, scope and budget as well as delivering functionality agreed to within the Statement of Work (SOW).
The role will also be to provide project management support for other internal projects and to assure that sound project management processes are established and maintained across the company.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from Project Initiation to Technical Support handoff for multiple customer-facing major initiatives simultaneously.
- Understand deep technical systems architectural solutions to be implemented.
- Prepare detailed project plan for multi-phase projects. Projects will include but not limited to: Planning, Specification Development, Installation, Configuration, UAT, Training, Go-Live and Functional/Architectural Documentation.
- Ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Provide remote and on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Manage project scope, time management and changes per Statement of Work. Manage Change-order process to minimize scope-creep.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved team members throughout project life cycle.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities. Provide at least weekly project reports preferably automated via Professional Services Automation (PSA) system.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Prepare configuration/design effort estimates to justify resource planning and allocation. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel with a clearly defined scope, effort and required delivery timelines.
- Coach, mentor, and motivate project team members and proactively communicate specific adjustments needed.
- Prioritize and manage solution quality issues and escalations with Product Management and Development departments.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Proactively research and communicate additional opportunities for expansion within the existing customer base (land and expand).
- Instill trustworthy and resourceful relationship between customers and our client.
- Provide project management support to other internal project managers
- Assure that sound project management processes are established and maintained
- Senior-level experience in PM Methodologies (Agile, PRINCE2, PMBOK, etc.), activity and resource planning with enterprise software projects.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead across multiple physical teams and physical regions.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding teams accountable for performance.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Advanced competency with software programs to manage projects, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project, Technical Design Specifications, and Functional Specifications in Validated and non-Validated environments.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Financial Force (PSA) is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus