Location: Cambridge , Massachusetts
Systems administration role is to take ownership to ensure the stable operation of the in-house servers’ infrastructure systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining/ administering and optimizing servers and related components. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues within a team environment.
• Ability to provide operations support for the Biogen Idec environment on a global basis. This individual will be part of the team responsible for providing and overseeing 24x7 support of the server infrastructure within Biogen Idec locations (required to participate in on-call support rotation).
• Develop and manage a process to support incident management and problem management across multiple areas of expertise
• Develop short-term corrective programs / process and long-term process redesign.
• Should be comfortable with, and have experience, interacting with cross functional project teams as an advisor or team member.
• Provide support for a continuous improvement plan strategy.
• Create and track business metrics to measure effectiveness and efficiency (capacity planning, etc)
• Represent Operations and work closely with other functional groups to develop work synergy.
• Develop a toolbox of best practice analytic methodologies and approaches used to help improve the efficiency and maturity of the Operations team.
o Windows Active directory domain, DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, 2000, 2003, 2008 server OS
o Proliant Server, HP, IBM server class machines
o San and NAS systems
o Backup management
o Microsoft Office suite
• Windows Server Operating Systems